Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Torchwood vs Monsters!
Rhys Williams finds himself stranded on a container ship in a sea of debris. People on board are dying. Because, luckily, someone's found a solution to Earth's polluted waters. The Nestene Consciousness can never have too much plastic.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Rhys Williams - Kai Owen
- Kaitlin - Sydney Feder
- Captain Anika Banaczik - Chloe Ewart
- Yonich - Robert Jezek
- Sailor - Wilf Scolding
References[edit | edit source]
Science[edit | edit source]
- Still conditions in the ocean are called dead calm.
Technology[edit | edit source]
- The Nestene Consciousness takes control of a plastic computer keyboard.
Businesses[edit | edit source]
- Kaitlin's family owns Bakin Petrochemicals.
Culture[edit | edit source]
- Rhys is listening to James Brown.
- Rhys remembers David Attenborough talking about the North Atlantic garbage patch on television.
- Kaitlin refers to the real possibility of "some asshole with bad hair" blowing the world to hell.
- Rhys refers to Kaitlin as a millennial.
- The Nestene attack with rubber ducks.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Though unremarked within the story, the North Atlantic garbage patch is located in the Sargasso Sea. The story is named for this location.
- This is the first audio story Robert Jezek has contributed to in the Doctor Who universe since AUDIO: Zagreus over 15 years prior.
- This story was recorded on 17 December 2018 at The Soundhouse.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Rhys says he is just a lorry driver. (TV: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang et al)
- Rhys refers to Gwen leaving Torchwood behind, (AUDIO: Herald of the Dawn) and bringing up their daughter away from it all. (TV: The New World, AUDIO: Thoughts and Prayers)
- When the Praxeus pathogen would later begin to seize control of Earth through its plastic waste, the Thirteenth Doctor would briefly suspect the Autons while visiting the Indian Ocean garbage patch. (TV: Praxeus)
[edit | edit source]
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- credited only as "Crewmembers" at the end of the audio