Onboard a sailing ship in the middle of the Battle of Trafalgar, the sailing crew explain to the Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond that they are on the run from a sea monster that came out of the fog, a giant metal beast (believed by the crew to be the Kraken).
However, the Doctor and Amy recognise it as a modern-day aircraft carrier. The Doctor abandons Amy while he nips off in the TARDIS to the flight deck of the aircraft carrier. A quick examination of the controls reveals an infestation of Time Roaches — creatures that, attracted by radiation leaks into the Space-Time continuum, have got into the engines and caused trouble by dropping the carrier two hundred years back in the past.
Tracking the infestation to the engine room, the Doctor reverses the neutron flow and the Time Roaches are sent back into the Vortex. The Doctor leaves the carrier with little time to spare before it goes back to its own time. He returns to collect Amy, who has made friends with some of the sailors aboard the ship.
to be added
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 196 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – It's a red Christmas for the Doctor and Amy
- No reprints to date.
- The Doctor was previously present at the Battle of Trafalgar during his second incarnation. (PROSE: H.M.S. TARDIS) He would be present for the battle again during his twelfth incarnation. (COMIC: Ghosts of the Seas)