Summary[edit | edit source]
The Doctor and Ian visit Prague in 2908 to find the streets mostly deserted. As they walk the streets, the Doctor tells Ian about the three political factions in Prague. They soon learn that there is a plague, named the "Blue Plague", that has put many patients in a coma. As the Doctor does not remember a plague in Prague's history, they go to a hospital to investigate.
At the hospital, the Doctor looks at a patient and takes a sample of his tears. He uses a computer to investigate the virus, convincing a security guard that he has permission. Meanwhile, Ian eavesdrops on a conversation between two doctors, who eventually come to blows. While the guard investigates, the Doctor and Ian head to the lab to study the tear sample.
The Doctor tells Ian that the virus was created by one of the political factions, the Technological Front, using nanotechnology. The Doctor, inspired by a chance comment from Ian, figures out the antidote, giving it first to Ian, who has by now caught the virus. He then inoculates several patients, attracting the attention and thanks of the hospital administrator, Dr Korshinski.
When the Doctor reveals to the staff the source of the infection, an argument starts between most of the staff and a doctor from the Technological Front who was unaware of the source. While they sort out their dispute, the Doctor and Ian make a discreet exit.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor references the Black plague.
- The Doctor is in search of a good bowl of goulash.
- The Doctor notes that Koursha's has been replaced.
- Susan and Barbara remain in the TARDIS during this adventure.
- The other two factions are the Metamorphosis Front and the Naturalist Front.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The First Doctor had previously visited 16th century Prague with Susan (PROSE: Life from Lifelessness) and would later visit Prague in 2348 in the company of Vicki Pallister and Steven Taylor. (PROSE: The Long Step Backward)
- The Doctor and Ian previously encountered nanotechnology on Avalon. (PROSE: The Sorcerer's Apprentice)