Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
London 1973 - A man in police custody burns to death with no known cause of ignition. Anne Travers and Bill Bishop find themselves catapulted into the middle of a police investigation into the rise to power of the newest criminal godfather – the Big Man, aka, the Dominator, Dominic Vaar!
A Spanish safe cracker lands on the English coast and is whisked away to a secret meeting with none other than Vaar. His mission? To liberate a priceless sword forged when Sumer was young, a sword whose unshakeable thirst for life threatens the existence of all life.
And lurking in the background, plots a fugitive Nazi, using Vaar's rise to power and his own knowledge of the occult as cover for his plans to build a new Reich on British soil.
Lost in time and brought together by destiny, can Sir Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart, Dame Anne Travers and Brigadier Bill Bishop stop Britain being pitched into a new age of darkness?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Sir Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart
- Dame Anne Bishop
- Brigadier William Bishop
- Dominic Vaar
- Martin Renfield
- Winston Churchill
- Walter Douglas
- Fiona Campbell
- Doris Lethbridge-Stewart
- Laughing Gnome
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
to be added
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- This novel is set during season seven, concurrently with The Ambassadors of Death (Sir Alistair mentions the Doctor is currently in Earth's orbit dealing with the alien ambassadors). Alistair remembers that 1973 was the year of two Doctors, (TV: The Invasion, Spearhead from Space) silver giants outside St Paul's (TV: The Invasion), plastic window dummies (TV: Spearhead from Space), cave monsters (TV: Doctor Who and the Silurians), and Doomsday clocks (AUDIO: The Last Post). Sir Alistair, Bill and Anne read about Professor Stahlman's work in Eastchester. (TV: Inferno)
- The Brigadier told Bill and Anne about Gideon Crane in 2003. (AUDIO: Minuet in Hell)
- Anne mentions the year is also 1979, according to the dating protocol. Bill comments he has always been confused by the enfolded decades. (PROSE: The Enfolded Time)
- Bill says that the Master spent over a year establishing his identity as Emil Keller. (TV: The Mind of Evil)
- Alistair recalls his attempt to make up to the Earth Reptiles in late 2004, before he was stopped by Andrea Winnington and the Internal Counter-Intelligence Service. (AUDIO: The Coup, The Wasting)
- Alistair recalls a story that Leela told him in 1981. (AUDIO: The Revisionists)
- Alistair notes how Vaar is less confident than he was at the Dominex plant in 1969. (PROSE: Mutually Assured Domination)
- Bill tells Alistair about trying to speak to him from the body of Jonathan James in 1969. (PROSE: Fear of the Web)
[edit | edit source]