Life on Earth can be an adventure, too. You just need to know were to look.
When Maria Jackson and Luke Smith start at their new school, they discover that strange buildings are popping up at schools all over London, including their own. Along with another new boy, Clyde Langer, the friends enlist Sarah Jane's help to discover exactly what's going on. But the last thing they're expecting to find is a group of nasty Slitheen intent on destroying humankind!
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Luke Smith
- Maria Jackson
- Alan Jackson
- Chrissie Jackson
- Clyde Langer
- Mr Smith
- Slitheen family
- Kist Magg Thek Lutiven-Day Slitheen mentions that the Judoon had forced the Slitheen family out of Raxacoricofallapatorius.
- Luke and Clyde are in class 10B at Park Vale Comprehensive School.
to be added
Deviations from the televised story
- The book begins with a prologue depicting the Slitheen's "acquisition" of Janine's body.
- Sarah Jane Smith quotes Rose Tyler when she mentioned the "Slitheen in Downing Street" and calls Rose a friend. Sarah Jane also thinks about the Krillitane and her adventure with Rose. (TV: School Reunion)
- Sarah Jane harkens back to being threatened by the great Sutekh (TV: Pyramids of Mars) and the giant spiders of Metebelis III. (TV: Planet of the Spiders)