Revenge of the Nestene was "Chapter 21" of the original novelisation for Rose, written by Russell T Davies and narrated by Jacob Dudman. It was released in 2020 as a sequel to the television story Rose for the Doctor Who: Lockdown! watch-along series. Later, it was published as the fifth story in the anthology Adventures in Lockdown.
Part of the Nestene survives in the form of a clown. It enters Westminster and merges with the body of someone killed in the destruction, who has ambitions of power, creating a new being, and deciding to take revenge on the Doctor.
to be added
- The Consciousness remembers "the day Nestenia fell" in the Time War.
- The London Eye has fallen into the River Thames.
- The Consciousness wants to form an alliance consisting of the Doctor's greatest enemies, including Daleks and Cybermen.
to be added
- This story was first released as an audiobook of sorts, narrated by Jacob Dudman, and then published as a text by Russell T Davies on his Instagram. Mirroring Doctor Who and the Time War, the latter release framed this as an excerpt — Chapter 21, "Revenge of the Nestene" — from the fictitious pages 198-203 of Davies' 2018 Rose novelisation.
- In the audio release's credits, Big Finish Productions is given "special thanks".
- While the man that the Auton becomes at the end of the story is not identified outright, he is strongly implied to be Boris Johnson, at the time of the story's writing the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- One "nugget" of the Nestene Consciousness has survived the Ninth Doctor's anti-plastic. (TV: Rose)
- The Nestene Consciousness considers starting an alliance with the Doctor's greatest enemies, including the Daleks and the Cybermen, in order to finally defeat him. (TV: The Pandorica Opens)
- The Nestene Consciousness enjoyed a romance with the Embodiment of Gris. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan, PROSE: Cold Fusion, et al.)
- At the edge of the Time War, the Nestene encountered 100 Gallifreys, 1,000 burnt out Skaros, and a dozen Earths, taken from different moments and used as weapons in the War. (PROSE: Doctor Who and the Time War)
- The Nestene recognised Earth from an "old campaign". (TV: Spearhead from Space, Terror of the Autons)