Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
I gazed up at the smoking hole the bomb had made - and then I realised something was wrong. Benny lay beside me, slack and tangled like a discarded rag doll, unnaturally pale, and unbreathing. She was dead.
The fragile stability of the Dellahan quarantine has been compromised, and something has escaped. Now, a man in the incipient stages of identity-collapse and a dying Bernice Summerfield have to search the byzantine cities of the Proximan Chain for an entity that killed his lover and her friend - an entity that will turn the Chain into its own version of hell.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Bernice Summerfield
- Irving Braxiatel
- Stratum Seven Agent
- Chris Cwej
- Kara Delbane
References[edit | edit source]
- An ARVID appears in one of the Background chapters.
- Benny is still suffering from the Mary-Sue mind wipe she had performed.
- Elanore Vita Hydrant Summerfield-Kane might be a descendant of Bernice Summerfield and Jason Kane.
- While the Proximan Chain does not have official security services, SecServ contracts themselves out to the Chain as a form of police.
- Sleed takes over the planet Sharabeth by spreading insidious consumer products throughout the planet. He attempts to do this in the Proximan Chain.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like The Mary-Sue Extrusion, this is told primarily in first person. However, throughout this novel are chapters entitled "Background", discussing the Stratum Seven Agent. There are also extracts from Bernice Summerfield's diary.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- An ARVID computer appeared in PROSE: Ship of Fools.
- This is a sequel to PROSE: The Mary-Sue Extrusion.
[edit | edit source]