Return of the Krotons was the seventh Doctor Who bonus story released by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Nicholas Briggs and featured Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor and India Fisher as Charlotte Pollard.
It features the Sixth Doctor and Charley in their fourth story together. This story also marks the third time that the Krotons have appeared in a Doctor Who story and their first appearance in performed Doctor Who since their introduction in TV: The Krotons forty years earlier.
Publisher's summary Edit
The dead planet Onyakis is being plundered by the last survivors of the human race, and their leader, Commander Cobden, will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Already there are rumours of those who stand against him mysteriously disappearing. But when the Sixth Doctor and Charley find themselves on the side of those trying to expose Cobden, they discover something far more sinister.
Deep in the mines of Onyakis, alien technology is reactivating. Power is flowing. Something is forming in the darkness...
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- Rag Cobden - Philip Madoc
- Ned Gillespie - Matthew Burgess
- Eleanor Harvey - Susan Brown
- Professor Lyle Woodruff - Glynn Sweet
- Romilly - Ian Brooker
- Security - Andrew Dickens
- Krotons - Nicholas Briggs & Ian Brooker
- Charley has never visited the Moon before.
- This was a special release given away to Big Finish subscribers who had AUDIO: The Raincloud Man (also featuring the Sixth Doctor and Charley) as part of their subscription.
- Non-subscribers were able to purchase it on CD and download separately, starting from December 2009.
- This audio drama was recorded on 20 June 2008.
- After the 2019 redesign of the Big Finish website, this release was added to The Sixth Doctor Adventures range.
- This story is set between The Trial of a Time Lord and Time and the Rani.
- The setting of this story is roughly the same as TV: The Ark in Space. While it does not occur on the Ark itself, the humans involved in the story are colonists fleeing the Earth because of the ravages of solar flares. The main guest stars are all aware of the Ark, but consider its chances for success slim at best. This places the story sometime after 6087, the year the solar flares ravaged Earth. The third edition of aHistory dates this story to circa 6700.
- The Second Doctor, Jamie McCrimmon and Zoe Heriot previously encountered the Krotons on the Gond planet. (TV: The Krotons)
- An encounter between the Sixth Doctor and the Krotons was previously referred to in PROSE: Alien Bodies.
- The Doctor refers to his three visits to the Nerva Beacon during his fourth incarnation. (TV: The Ark in Space, Revenge of the Cybermen; AUDIO: Destination: Nerva)
- The Kroton leader claims that their dynatrope is superior to the one encountered by the Second Doctor on the Gond planet. (TV: The Krotons)
- While she is semi-conscious, Charley refers to C'rizz's death and the Eighth Doctor's reaction to it. (AUDIO: Absolution)
- Official Return of the Krotons page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Return of the Krotons at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide