- You may wish to consult
Return of the Daleksfor other, similarly-named pages.
Return of the Daleks was the fifth Doctor Who subscriber special CD released by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Nicholas Briggs and featured Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor and Gareth Thomas as Kalendorf.
Publisher's summary Edit
No one could ever know. We had to erase the past. Change everything. Start again.
But even though it's been centuries now... In our hearts, none of us feels truly...
Safe. I think, even if our people were to survive until the end of time itself, we would still fear... The return of the Daleks.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Kalendorf - Gareth Thomas
- Susan Mendes - Sarah Mowat
- Skerrill - Christine Brennan
- Mendac - Hylton Collins
- Aytrax - Jack Galagher
- The Daleks / The Ogrons / Talamar - Nicholas Briggs
- The Doctor refers to this era as the time of the Second Great Dalek Occupation.
- According to Susan Mendes, Zaleria has an "unblemished record" of cooperation since the Dalek invasion of Mutter's Spiral.
- Skerrill tells the Doctor that there were only a handful of humans on Zaleria at the time of the invasion and they are all kept in the Central Zones.
- The planet Zaleria once had another name, Spiridon.
- The Doctor betrays the Daleks by releasing the so-called cure for light wave sickness.
- This was a special release given away to Big Finish subscribers who had Year of the Pig as part of their subscription.
- This story marks the first appearance of the Ogrons in an audio drama. They would not return in audio form until The Romance of Crime in 2013.
- Unusually for a Doctor Who audio drama, the story takes place over the course of several years without the use of time travel.
- This audio drama was recorded on 20 September 2006.
- After the 2019 redesign of the Big Finish website, this release was added to The Seventh Doctor Adventures.
- Spiridon previously appeared in TV: Planet of the Daleks as well as COMIC: Emperor of the Daleks!, which also featured the Seventh Doctor.
- Kalendorf sarcastically refers to Susan Mendes as "Angel of Mercy." (AUDIO: The Human Factor)
- Kalendorf tells Skerrill that it is too early for the Zalerian people to rise up against the Daleks if the galactic uprising is to succeed. (AUDIO: The Human Factor, "Death to the Daleks!")
- The Dalek Scientific Division uses Ogrons to quell the crowds on Zaleria. (TV: Day of the Daleks, Frontier in Space)
- The Doctor is aware that Kalendorf is one of the Knights of Velyshaa who was on a secret mission to create a defence pact with the Earth Alliance when he was caught up in the Dalek invasion of Mutter's Spiral. (AUDIO: Invasion of the Daleks)
- The Doctor tells Kalendorf that the Daleks have been searching for Zaleria ever since they began their invasion of the galaxy as there is a massive Dalek army buried in billions of tons of molten ice under the surface. (TV: Planet of the Daleks)
- Susan Mendes reminds the Daleks that they have standing orders from the Dalek Supreme not to exterminate Kalendorf. (AUDIO: The Human Factor)
- By the end of the Doctor's many years of imprisonment, the galaxy wide uprising against the Daleks, instigated by Susan Mendes and Kalendorf, has begun on Yaldos. (AUDIO: "Death to the Daleks!")
- The Eighth Doctor would later meet Kalendorf on Vega VI, many years after the end of the Dalek War. Kalendorf did not recognise the Doctor on that occasion as he had regenerated in the interim. (PROSE: Museum Peace)
- Official Return of the Daleks page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Return of the Daleks at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide