Renaissance of the Daleks was the ninety-third story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was based on a story by Christopher H. Bidmead and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor and Sarah Sutton as Nyssa.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
A random landing in London and a trip to the Savoy Hotel yield unexpected results for the Fifth Doctor. Tea, scones, an American general who knows far too much, and the threat of a Dalek invasion of Earth.
It seems the Doctor's deadliest foes have woven a tangled web indeed. And in order to defeat them, he must cross the forbidden barriers of time and walk into the very centre of their latest, most outlandish scheme of conquest.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- General Tillington - William Hope
- Sergeant - Stewart Alexander
- Wilton - Jon Weinberg
- Mulberry - Nicholas Deal
- Floyd - Richie Campbell
- Alice - Regina Reagan
- The Daleks / The Greylish - Nicholas Briggs
References[edit | edit source]
- Hunniford uses the word "gook" as slang.
Communications technology[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor and Nyssa are experimenting with temporal interocitor technology to allow communication across different temporal areas.
TARDIS[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This audio story was previewed in Doctor Who Magazine issue 380 with an illustration by Martin Geraghty.
- This is the first Big Finish Doctor Who release to feature the new cover design of the main cover art on the right, with the story's title and an image of the Doctor on the left. This sidebar format would be used consistently until The Lure of the Nomad in 2018.
- This audio drama was recorded on 16 and 17 January 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- Nyssa says she was in Rhodes in 1320, while the Doctor later says it was 1310. Given the Doctor has a better knowledge of Earth's history than Nyssa, and the fact the real life Knights Hospitaller took over Rhodes in 1310, as is depicted here, 1310 is the most likely date for this to be set.
- This story is set between Time-Flight and Arc of Infinity.
- This story was originally released on CD and download. It is now available as a download only.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor refers to the 22nd century Dalek invasion of Earth. (TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth)
- The Doctor reminds Nyssa of their last encounter with the Daleks. (AUDIO: The Mutant Phase)
- The old Zero Room was jettisoned during Event One in the immediate aftermath of the Doctor's fourth regeneration. Part of it was fashioned into a cabinet to help the Doctor recover from his post regenerative trauma. (TV: Castrovalva)
- The Doctor recalls visiting Logopolis towards the end of his fourth incarnation in 1981. (TV: Logopolis)
- The temporal interocitor remained in the TARDIS, though it was never used in the interim, until the Eighth Doctor surreptitiously placed it in the backpack of his former companion Lucie Miller after she told him that she intended to travel around Europe in the 2190s with his great-grandson Alex Campbell. Following the second Dalek invasion of Earth, Lucie used the interocitor to leave a message for the Doctor, requesting his assistance. However, due to the interference of his fellow renegade Time Lord the Monk, the Doctor arrived on Earth three years into the Dalek occupation. (AUDIO: Lucie Miller / To the Death)
[edit | edit source]
- Official Renaissance of the Daleks page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Renaissance of the Daleks at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide