Renaissance was the second story in the sixth series of Gallifrey and the twenty-third story over all.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Her only hope lies with the appearance of a strange young woman: a woman with a masterplan so devious it makes Romana's own masterplans look decidedly not-devious-at-all...
How far would Romana go to save her world? Would she risk the Web of Time? And who is the mysterious stranger watching from the shadows...?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Lady President Romana - Lalla Ward
- Lady President Romana - Juliet Landau
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- Coordinator Narvin - Seán Carlsen
- Kolspen of Unvoss - Mark B. Oliver
References[edit | edit source]
- Romana imitates K9 several times.
- Lady Trey is an incarnation of Romana from several thousand years in the future who uses a middle syllable of her full name in order to avoid confusion with the younger Romana, though she is also referred to as Romana and by her full name several times. She tells her younger self that it took centuries to rebuild Gallifrey and that, in the meantime, the other Temporal Powers ran rampant.
- Trey brings the Capitol of her Gallifrey to replace the Capitol in the Pandora Devastation. It exists in another time frame while the existence of both Capitols is sustained by the Eye of Harmony.
- Narvin describes Gallifrey as "a burnt orange paradise."
- In Lady Trey's personal timeline, she has not seen either Leela or Narvin in thousands of years.
- Narvin strongly objects to Romana forming an alliance with her future self as it violates the Laws of Time, disrupts the Web of Time and constitutes a temporal paradox.
- Romana puts animal furs in Leela's room, but they are tachyon recreations rather than real skins, causing Leela to thinks "tachyons" are beasts.
- Leela says the first thing the Sevateem is taught is that "we will all die."
- Romana and Narvin discuss the missing ghost of Lord President Pandak II.
- The Fourth Doctor once took Romana to have fish and chips on the Old Kent Road in London.
- The voices of the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Eighth Doctors can be heard when Romana is trying to seal the Eye of Harmony. They all say only one word: "Romana."
- The stress of attempting to seal the Eye of Harmony appears to trigger a regeneration in Romana.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This audio drama marks the first appearance of the Gallifrey of the proper timeline on the series since AUDIO: Panacea in August 2006.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Lady Trey refers to the "Pandora devastation" (AUDIO: Imperiatrix, Fractures, Warfare) and the Dogma Virus (AUDIO: Panacea).
- Leela and Narvin were trapped in a chronic hysteresis for several weeks. (TV: Meglos)
- Romana tells Lady Trey that she is aware that the Daleks have seized control of the Axis and are invading alternative Gallifreys. (AUDIO: Extermination)
- Romana refers to the Blinovitch Limitation Effect. (TV: Day of the Daleks, Mawdryn Undead)
- Romana and Lady Trey initiate telepathic contact with each other. (TV: The Three Doctors, The Five Doctors, The Two Doctors)
- Narvin sarcastically asks Leela if she has gone blind again. (AUDIO: Fractures)
- Lady Trey tells Narvin not to let anyone dressed in black or with a pet dinosaur onto Gallifrey. (TV: Terror of the Autons, The Mark of the Rani)
- Romana refers to the Monan Host and the Nekkistani. (AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element)
- Both Leela and Narvin spot someone standing in silence watching Romana. (TV: Logopolis)
- In her message to the universe, Romana begins by saying, "Peoples of the universe, please attend carefully." (TV: Logopolis)
- Lady Trey refers to Leela as her best friend. (AUDIO: Extermination)
- Leela refers to the closure of the Eye of Harmony due to the Krilig on the alternative Gallifrey. (AUDIO: Forever)
- Narvin refers to Omega. (TV: The Three Doctors, Arc of Infinity)
- Romana refers to Lord President Pandak II. (AUDIO: Babblesphere)
- As Romana is preparing to go into exile, Lady Trey tells her that "the moment has been prepared for." (TV: Logopolis)
- Lady Trey gives Romana a battered Type 40 TARDIS to travel the universe. (TV: An Unearthly Child, et. al)
- As she prepares to leave Gallifrey, Romana says, "One day, I may come back. Yes, one day." (TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth)
- Romana asks if Leela has ever been to Paris. Romana visited the city with the Fourth Doctor in 1979 and 2000. (TV: City of Death, COMIC: The Forgotten)
- The Rod of Rassilon is used to open to floor of the Panopticon to access the Eye of Harmony. The Sash of Rassilon supposedly serves as a means of protecting the wearer against the forces of the black hole. (TV: The Deadly Assassin)
- Leela and Narvin would later learn that the other Gallifrey was a construct of the Matrix while Lady Trey was a projection of a future Romana. Both were created by a future version of Romana for the purposes of the trapping the Daleks inside the Matrix. (AUDIO: Ascension)
[edit | edit source]