The Doctor is in his TARDIS atop a cloud above Victorian London. He’s retired, no longer interfering in the affairs of others. There’s nothing that could make him help anyone else. Except, perhaps, the lure of another Time Lord...
The Doctor is locked in a mortuary in Victorian London, dying. He can’t escape and doesn’t know how to keep himself alive. Just when he thinks it can’t get any worse, he finds himself locked in with the one person he hates most in the entire universe.
to be added
- The Eleventh Doctor rejects a request for help from Vastra.
- The Eleventh Doctor detects both artron energy and regeneration energy.
- The Twelfth Doctor says that the Eleventh Doctor is "mesplaining".
- The vampire uses a Time Ring.
- Unusual for a Short Trips story, Jacob Dudman performs the story as an audio drama (portraying all-three characters in the play) rather than narrated from the third person.
- This story was recorded on 24 April 2019 at the Soundhouse.
- This story is available as a download only.
- The Eleventh Doctor mentions taking responsibility for friends of his, but laments that they ended up getting killed after he did. (TV: The Angels Take Manhattan)
- The Eleventh Doctor decides to leave the TARDIS behind to investigate the possibility of another Time Lord, saying that the TARDIS nearly became dinner the last time he went looking for more Time Lords. (TV: The Doctor's Wife)
- The Eleventh Doctor says that regenerating in a morgue is something "you only do once". (TV: Doctor Who)
- When the Eleventh Doctor mistakes the Twelfth Doctor for the Master, the Twelfth Doctor scoffs at the suggestion, saying that she's "locked up 120 years and miles away." (TV: Extremis)
- The Twelfth Doctor says his regeneration number is "complicated". (TV: The Day of the Doctor, The Time of the Doctor)
- The Eleventh Doctor believes he is the last incarnation of his regeneration cycle. (TV: The Time of the Doctor)
- The Twelfth Doctor says that an old friend of his once told him that "you just have to save someone". (TV: The Fires of Pompeii)
- The Eleventh Doctor learns that he will save Gallifrey. (TV: The Day of the Doctor)
- The Twelfth Doctor psychically shows the Eleventh Doctor scenes from the latter's future: destroying the Dalek ship at Christmas, his regeneration into the Twelfth Doctor, (TV: The Time of the Doctor) him telling Clara that she can't see him, (TV: Deep Breath) and him calling himself "the man who stops the monsters." (TV: Flatline)
- The Twelfth Doctor is aware of Bill sneaking into his lectures. (TV: The Pilot)
- The Eleventh Doctor deduce that the vampire had to go after the Twelfth Doctor because his current career as a professor marked the only time when a Time Lord remained in one place for a prolonged period with a full set of regenerations and access to a working TARDIS, (TV: The Pilot) conditions that don't apply to the Third Doctor's time with UNIT (TV: Spearhead from Space) and his current retirement. (TV: The Snowmen)
- The Eleventh Doctor mentions watching his own death before with a spacesuit coming out of a scenic lake. (TV: The Impossible Astronaut)
- The Eleventh Doctor says, "Why did he have to be old? Anything but old!", when referring to his future self, mimicking his own words to Clara over the telephone before he regenerated. (TV: Deep Breath)
- After having his memory erased, the Eleventh Doctor wonders if he's ginger. (TV: The Christmas Invasion, The End of Time)