Summary[edit | edit source]
Amy Pond, while outside the Doctor's TARDIS, gets infected with a Chronic Spasm Virus. The virus causes her to jump randomly through time and space. The Eleventh Doctor and Rory track her by following her time trail, but are unable to reach her before she momentarily arrives in the trenches of France in 1917, Ancient Rome, the court of Queen Elizabeth the First and pre-historic Earth, where she is pursued by a tyrannosaurus rex and a predator bulge in the time vortex that threatens to swallow her up.
The Doctor and Rory catch up with Amy just as the Vortex Predator Bulge swallows the dinosaur, but Rory Williams also gets infected. Amy and Rory vanish into the vortex. The Doctor has had enough and races to the TARDIS to arrive in Medieval England before Amy and Rory. The TARDIS draws the energy from the Bulge and discharges it before Amy and Rory arrive. With a wave of the sonic screwdriver, the Doctor cures them of the Chronic Spasm Virus. While they are there, they decide to change clothes and visit the Doctor's old friend, King Arthur.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The trenches of France in 1917, Ancient Rome, the court of Queen Elizabeth the First and pre-historic Earth are all visited by the Doctor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 199 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – MEET THE ANDROMEDARIES!
- No reprints to date.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor has previously encountered Queen Elizabeth the First. (TV: The Shakespeare Code, The End of Time)
- The Seventh Doctor was known to the court of King Arthur in an alternate dimension. (TV: Battlefield)
[edit | edit source]
to be added