Project Infinity was the fourth story in the Dalek Empire I audio series produced by Big Finish Productions. In this story, the identity of the narrator of the previous three stories was revealed. This was also the first story in the series not to feature Susan Mendes in a primary role. This story also featured the most actors voicing Daleks in an audio story with Nicholas Briggs, Alistair Lock, Steven Allen and Robert Lock all providing the voices for Daleks.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
In the hands of the Daleks, the human race's only hope of victory could signal the destruction of the entire universe.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Kalendorf - Gareth Thomas
- Mirana - Teresa Gallagher
- Alby Brook - Mark McDonnell
- The Seer of Yaldos - Joyce Gibbs
- Espeelius - Ian Brooker
- Herrick - Jeremy James
- Ernst Tanlee - David Sax
- Dr. Johnstone - Simon Bridge
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs, Alistair Lock, Steven Allen and Robert Lock
- The Dalek Emperor - Nicholas Briggs
References[edit | edit source]
Astronomical objects[edit | edit source]
- Mirana's parents are from the GalSec colony. She was born on a freighter which was passing through Orion's Belt at the time.
- The Lopra system is on the opposite side of the galaxy from Seriphia.
Conflicts[edit | edit source]
- According to Mirana, there is an arc of rebellion emanating from Yaldos which runs through almost every planet to which Suz and Kalendorf were taken by the Daleks during the former's work as the Angel of Mercy.
Daleks[edit | edit source]
- Kalendorf believes that the Dalek invasion of Mutter's Spiral and the subsequent galaxy wide rebellion against the Dalek Empire were both designed to serve as a distraction so that the attention of the Earth Alliance would be diverted away from a single Dalek vessel making its way to the Lopra system, the location of Project Infinity.
- Special Weapons Daleks are deployed to Lopra Minor to act as ground troops.
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Suz knew nothing of Project Infinity until it was mentioned to her by the Dalek Emperor.
- After she was seemingly exterminated on Yaldos, Suz's body was never found. Tanlee believes that she may have been placed in suspended animation in preparation for robotisation, the first step in converting humans into Daleks.
- Mirana has been an unwitting agent of the Daleks for the last five years, through a psychotropic link to the cerebral functions of the Dalek Emperor.
- After the Dalek psychotropic implant in Mirana's brain is deactivated, she is left in a coma for five months. She awakens aboard the Earth Alliance battle cruiser Courageous shortly before it arrives in the Lopra system. She maintains the ability to pick up Dalek communications through her implant, one of which states that the Dalek Emperor is on its way aboard the Dalek Imperial Command Ship.
Science[edit | edit source]
- The Daleks learnt of Project Infinity and the dimensional fissure, a spatio-temporal rift, from the Library on Kar-Charrat.
- Project Infinity is based on Lopra Minor. It was instigated after the last Dalek War centuries earlier. Its Infinity Scan is designed to probe temporal fissures to find parallel universes, particularly one in which the Daleks were defeated once and for all. Using this knowledge, the Earth Alliance would be able to repeat this action in their own universe. Conversely, the Daleks intend to use Project Infinity to find a universe in which the Daleks emerged victorious and succeeded in conquering the entire universe. By increasing the power of Project Infinity with veganite, the Daleks will be able to open a gateway into another universe and allow Daleks from that universe to cross over.
Species[edit | edit source]
- In a parallel universe, a peaceful and ordered race of Daleks are the supreme beings, having earned their status by enforcing peace and order throughout their universe rather than by waging war or causing the destruction of other species.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- David Sax (Tanlee) is a pseudonym for Nicholas Briggs (The Daleks).
- The narrator of the previous three audio dramas is revealed to be a Seer of Yaldos.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- It was first released on 21 January 2002.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Daleks raided the Library on Kar-Charrat. The Seventh Doctor and Ace were present for that event. (AUDIO: The Genocide Machine)
- The Seriphia Galaxy was recreated using the Apocalypse Element. (AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element)
- The Dalek Emperor has a psychotropic link to Mirana's cerebral functions, as it had to Commander Ganatus in an alternative timeline in 4253. (AUDIO: The Mutant Phase)
- Following his capture by the Daleks, Tanlee was converted into a highly sophisticated Roboman in the same manner as Gordon Pellan. (AUDIO: "Death to the Daleks!")
- High quantities of veganite are required to power the Infinity Scan. This is why the Daleks began their invasion of the galaxy in the Vega System. (AUDIO: Invasion of the Daleks)
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- The Latest News. Big Finish, via Internet Archive. Retrieved on 10 August 2002.
[edit | edit source]
- Official Project Infinity page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Project Infinity at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide