Professor Bernice Summerfield and the Mirror Effect, or simply The Mirror Effect, was the fifteenth Bernice Summerfield audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. This was writer Stewart Sheargold's first audio story for Big Finish. It begins a very long character arc for Irving Braxiatel whose motivations are questioned throughout the course of this story and continue to develop through the Benny stories.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Do you believe in the mirror or do you believe in yourself?
Under the ice on a cold world lie the derelict remains of the lost Grid 4 Mining Station. Inside the station is a mirror, an ancient alien artefact, its existence known to few. Inside the mirror is one Professor Bernice Summerfield, and she can't get out. Trapped and alone in a place she cannot trust, with her friends distorted and turned against her, she is haunted by fears and reflections.
And inside Bernice Summerfield is a little baby creature that wants her to be mother.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Bernice Summerfield - Lisa Bowerman
- Irving Braxiatel - Miles Richardson
- Jason Kane - Stephen Fewell
- Adrian Wall - Harry Myers
- Joseph - Steven Wickham
- Doctor Carnivel - Beverley Cressman
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This audio drama was recorded on 2 February 2003.
- This story was released on CD. A download version is currently unavailable.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- This audio is one of the first instances of Irving Braxiatel heavily manipulating the people on the Braxiatel Collection. Braxiatel's manipulations of people and time increased heavily over the years, culminating in events such as turning Jason Kane into a Cyberman in AUDIO:The Crystal of Cantus and the events with the Deindum in AUDIO: Resurrecting the Past.
- Carnivel calls Braxiatel "Cardinal" which was the rank that he held on Gallifrey. (AUDIO: The Inquiry, Pandora, et al)