- You may be looking for the species.
Primord was the first story in The Third Doctor Adventures: Volume Five. It was notable for recasting two characters from the Third Doctor era: Liz Shaw, played by Daisy Ashford and the Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, played by Jon Culshaw.
Publisher's summary Edit
Prisoners are escaping from incarceration all around the country and UNIT have been called in to aid in the search. But the Doctor is unwilling to agree to the Brigadier's request for help as he and Jo have opted to take a holiday – they're going to visit his old assistant Liz Shaw, now working in Cambridge University.
But, unfortunately for Jo, the Doctor can't relax for very long. Soon the Time Lord and his friends are facing an old enemy – creatures they'd long since thought they'd put to ground.
The Primords have returned – and this time the danger may strike very close to home.
to be added
- The Doctor - Tim Treloar
- Jo Grant - Katy Manning
- The Brigadier - Jon Culshaw
- Liz Shaw - Daisy Ashford
- General Sharp - Michael Troughton
- Captain Hall - Andrew Wincott
- Private Callahan / Primords / Soldiers - Joe Jameson
- Lady Madeleine Rose / Barmaid - Bethan Dixon Bate
Uncredited cast Edit
- Private Reagan - Joe Jameson[source needed]
- Hutchinson - Andrew Wincott[source needed]
- UNIT Soldier - Nicholas Briggs[source needed]
- Liz infects the Doctor with a handshake, but fails to infect Jo because she goes for a hug as a greeting, with minimal direct contact.
- Sharp plans to use the Primords as bioweapons.
- Michael was Liz's fiancé.
- Billy has a Cairn Terrier named Chrissie.
- UNIT soldiers on site include Rogers, Hutchinson, Dinkley and Moors.
- The Doctor claims he could develop a cure even in the UNIT canteen.
Food and drink Edit
- This story marks the first appearance of Liz Shaw in a Big Finish full-cast story since Caroline John's death in 2012, this time portrayed by Caroline's daughter, Daisy Ashford. According to David Richardson, had Daisy turned down on the role, they decided that they "would not move on with using a different Liz. It was Daisy or [they] wouldn't have done it at all". (VOR 122)
- Liz now works at the University of Cambridge. (AUDIO: The Sentinels of the New Dawn; HOMEVID: The Zero Imperative)
- The Doctor mentions New Dawn as their last encounter. (AUDIO: The Sentinels of the New Dawn)
- The Doctor and Liz reminisce about an argument the Doctor had with the Brigadier, which ended with him accidentally landing in a rubbish tip. (TV: Inferno)
- Jo uses a ploy she notes the Master previously carried out to get into Captain Hart's navy base. (TV: The Sea Devils)
- Sharp taunts the Brigadier about his enacting genocide on the Silurians. (TV: Doctor Who and the Silurians)
- The Doctor and Liz previously met Primords in TV: Inferno.
- The Doctor notes how rare it is that everybody lives. (TV: The Doctor Dances)