Prelude Love and War was, as the name suggested, a prelude to Love and War by Paul Cornell. It was made up of short scenes featuring the Travellers and Death, Bernice Summerfield and Clive Aubrey, James Miller and a trooper and the Seventh Doctor and Ace. Like all such preludes, it did not appear in the published novel, but was instead printed in Doctor Who Magazine 192 as a preview.
Summary[edit | edit source]
On Heaven, the Travellers use Puterspace to look into their future and learn that many of them will die soon. Meanwhile, Bernice Summerfield wakes up her archaeology team, and a trooper reports seeing a big sphere in the sky to James Miller.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Bernice Summerfield and her archaeological team have been on Heaven for four months searching for evidence of Heavenites.
- Bernice sings part of "Try a Little Tenderness".
- Eros and Diana appear to the Travellers.
- Benny bought some whiskey.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- An enhanced audiobook adaptation of the story, narrated by Sophie Aldred, was included alongside Big Finish Productions' audio adaptation of the novel Love and War.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Travellers, including Jan, Máire, Roisa and Christopher, are able to look into their future using Puterspace and learn that three-quarters will die after the arrival of Time's Champion and his steward on Heaven. (PROSE: Love and War)
- Death references dancing with the Doctor on the Moon. (PROSE: Timewyrm: Revelation)
[edit | edit source]
- The entire text of the piece at the Doctor Who Reference Guide