Possession was one being taking over the body and mind of another.
Examples of Possession
- Fenric possessing Doctor Judson and Captain Sorin, allowing him a direct hand in his revenge against The Doctor. (DW: The Curse of Fenric)
- The Beast possessing Toby Zed, giving him the ability to breathe fire and survive in areas without oxygen. (DW: The Impossible Planet / The Satan Pit)
- The Torajii sun possessing Hal Korwin and Dev Ashton, giving them the ability to vaporize a being by looking at them. (DW: 42)
- The Isolus possessing Chloe Webber, giving her the ability to make drawings come to life and living things become drawings. (DW: Fear Her)
- Cassandra O'Brien possessing Rose Tyler, when she decided she needed a new human body. (DW: New Earth)
- The Bane possessing humans who have consumed Bubble Shock!, turning them into zombies at their command. (SJA: Invasion of the Bane)
- The Family of Blood possessing 4 humans, giving the Family some non-gaseous bodies to travel around in. (DW: Human Nature / The Family of Blood)
- The Gelth possessing dead humans, giving the Gelth some bodies to use as "vehicles". (DW: The Unquiet Dead)
- The Midnight Entity possessed Sky Silvestry, giving her the ability to steal the voices of others. (DW: Midnight)
- The Psionovore Marchosias possessed Senator Waldo Pickering, giving him superhuman strength and allowing him to directly feed on others' fears. (BFA: Minuet in Hell)
- The Pandora entity possessed Inquisitor Darkel's mind, killing her. She had previously occupied other host bodies, but she had always been driven out. (BFG: Gallifrey)
- Host body - The end result of possession.