Political Animals was the first comic story in the Faction Paradox series.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
A "War in Heaven" is raging between time-active cultures, each seeking to usurp control of history. Into this conflict comes Faction Paradox – a group of time terrorists whose appetite for chaos threatens to subvert the entire timeline. Part story, part history and part puzzle-box, this is a chronicle of protocol and paranoia in a War where the greatest victory of all is to hold on to your own past.
In 1774, England's eccentric King George III gathers the world's powers – including the American colonials, the Prussians and the enigmatic emissaries of Faction Paradox – in London for a hunt of epic proportions. But as part of this, a serving-girl named Isobel fatefully encounters the Americans' "hunting dog," a bone-wielding warrior named Mayakatula, leading to devastating and bloody consequences for this crucible of history.
Plot[edit | edit source]
In 1774, while King George III holds celebrations for a hunt, Mr Snaddon and his apprentice Isobel attend to the "Beast" - a bone-wielding warrior, presented as a gift to the King by the American colonials. At the same time another gift arrives, this time from Empress Catherine of Russia - a woolly mammoth. The mammoth is a relic of history that shouldn't exist in this time, and has attracted the attention of Faction Paradox representative Mother Francesca her associate.
To be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Mr Snaddon
- George III's mammoth
- King George III
- Charles Cleeve
- Mother Francesca
- Mother Francesca's associate
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Upon its release, this comic received favourable reviews from several mainstream comic reviewers. It was featured by Diamond Comics as a "Gem of the Month".
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- This comic depicts Empress Catherine of Russia's woolly mammoth being presented to George III, as mentioned in PROSE: Grass and PROSE: The Adventuress of Henrietta Street.
- Other remnants of the Mayakai play a large role in PROSE: The Adventuress of Henrietta Street.
[edit | edit source]
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- The Shipping Forecast for August 6. Ninth Art (4 August 2003). Archived from the original on 18 August 2003. “With insane ideas, gorgeously intricate art by Jim Calafiore, and some snazzy multimedia covers by Steve Johnson, this new book from Image Comics promises to knock your socks off.”
- Part 6 of 10: Faction Paradox #1. The X-Axis (10 August 2003). Archived from the original on 12 August 2003. “Worth a look. Rating: A-”
- Faction Paradox #1. Mad Norwegian Press (2003). Archived from the original on 5 February 2004. “Miles' saga of temporal terrorists is worth the effort. A-. — Cinescape [print magazine].”
- Premier Gems of the Month. Diamond Comics (June 2003). Archived from the original on 4 June 2003.