Planet of the Ogrons was the second story in the audio anthology The Eighth Doctor: Time War: Volume Two, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Guy Adams and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Rakhee Thakrar as Bliss.
Publisher's summary Edit
Avoiding the Time War, the Doctor and Bliss are found by an old acquaintance: the latest incarnation of a criminal mastermind the Doctor knows of old. But unlike her predecessors, the Twelve has a handle on her previous selves' unruly minds.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Bliss - Rakhee Thakrar
- The Twelve - Julia McKenzie
- Doctor Ogron / Ogron subject - Jon Culshaw
- Major Tamasan - Nikki Amuka-Bird
- Ogron - Christopher Naylor
- The Daleks / The Overseer - Nicholas Briggs
- The Overseer creates hybrid-TARDISes using Ogron brains to bypass the telepathic circuits.
- The Ogron homeworld used to be covered in trees until the rock monsters ate the trees and became gods to the Ogrons. They were subsequently eaten by crab monsters, who became the new gods.
- Doctor Ogron has a sonic screwdriver.
- The Twelve is able to "tap into" her old personalities through her neural inhibitor.
to be added
- The Doctor and Bliss visit Sto in the Beryllium cluster. (TV: Voyage of the Damned)
- Doctor Ogron makes various references to the Doctor's memories, such as initally calling Romana I "Fred". (TV: The Ribos Operation), and the Third Doctor's final words before dying. (TV: Planet of the Spiders)
- Due to temporal alteration, the Doctor now recalls Ogrons being present in previous adventures with the Daleks. (TV: Day of the Daleks, Frontier in Space)
- Before dying, Doctor Ogron says "Concentrate on one thing..." (TV: The Power of the Daleks) and tells Bliss, "I don't want to go...". He eventually regenerates, and is pleased to see he's still ginger. (TV: The End of Time)