- You may be looking for the TV story.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Doctor is on the planet Adeki, trying to fish, when he comes upon an old city of the Adekians. It is populated with metamorphic aliens. On meeting him, they take the shapes of his former companions (most of whom are dead), but then take the form of his previous selves.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Frobisher told the Doctor about the Shaper Wars.
- The Doctor remarks to the shapeshifter in the form of Peri that he left her on Thoros Beta with Yrcanos, which startles "Peri".
- The Doctor considers visiting the Halls of Speculative Interest on Vesivius.
- The Doctor says to himself he has an appointment on Skaro.
- The Doctor mentions having lost his 500 Year Diary.
Species[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Gwanzulum shapeshifters were an idea by John Freeman that Richard Starkings decided to use across almost every Marvel UK comic at the same time.
- The story was later reprinted in DWCC 14 with additional colours.
- This was artist Lee Sullivan's first Doctor Who comic. He got the job due to his likeness of Richard Branson in a Transformers comic.
- This story shares the title of the TV story transmitted in 2010.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Adric died in TV: Earthshock.
- Katrina and Sara Kingdom died in TV: The Daleks' Master Plan.
- Jamie died in COMIC: The World Shapers.
- Peri last appeared on screen in TV: Mindwarp, and was revealed to have died in AUDIO: Peri and the Piscon Paradox.
- The inclusion of Peri is the first sign that this is a trick: her death in TV: Mindwarp was shown to be false in TV: The Ultimate Foe, meaning the Gwanzulum have done a sloppy job.
- Frobisher last appeared in COMIC: A Cold Day in Hell!.
- The Seventh Doctor refers to "a wooden horse" (TV: The Myth Makers) and "the Feast of Stephen" when seeing Katarina. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan)
[edit | edit source]