Planet of Giants was a novelisation based on the 1964 television serial Planet of Giants.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor is feeling confident: this time the TARDIS has landed on Earth; in England; in 1963. But when he and his companions venture outside, they are soon lost in a maze of ravines and menaced by gigantic insects. And the insects are dying - every living thing is dying...
Meanwhile, in a cottage garden on a perfect summer's day, the man from the Ministry arrives to put a stop to the production of DN6, a pesticide with the power to destroy all life-forms. But the men who invented DN6 will stop at nothing - not even murder - in their desire to see DN6 succeed.
Can the one-inch-tall Doctor foil their plans?
Chapter titles Edit
- Dangerous Landfall
- The Unknown
- The Terrible Truth
- The Destroyer
- Death in a Country Garden
- Getting Away with Murder
- Dangerous Rescue
- The Doctor's Plan
- Barbara's Peril
- Plan of Action
- A Question of Size
Deviations from televised story Edit
- The novelisation reinstates numerous scenes from the television script excised from the broadcast version.
- Forester's first name is Mark.
- The cat is described as "ginger" rather than tortoiseshell.
Story notes Edit
- The cover and information on the right are for the only Target edition. It featured the artwork of Alister Pearson.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- This was the last story of the First Doctor's era to be novelised.
British publication history Edit
One single paperback edition, priced £1.99 (UK), estimated print run: 22,000 copies.
to be added