Planet of Dust was the second story in the audio anthology Ravenous 4, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Matt Fitton and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, Nicola Walker as Liv Chenka, Hattie Morahan as Helen Sinclair and Mark Bonnar as the Eleven.
On the parched world of Parrak, the Master holds sway. But he is exhausted and desperate, and his final hope for survival lies somewhere beneath the desert. When the TARDIS arrives, alliances will be made and trust will be broken – and feuding Time Lords will discover the Ravenous never, ever give up.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv - Nicola Walker
- Helen Sinclair - Hattie Morahan
- The Eleven - Mark Bonnar
- The Master - Geoffrey Beevers
- Ronica - Ony Uhiara
- Kyphus - Chris Jarman
- Leet / Rangers - Eben Figueiredo
- Ravenous 1 - George Asprey
- Ravenous 2 - Susie Emmett
- The Master admits he's forgotten how long he's lived, "whole lifetimes."
- Since the end of his thirteenth life, the Master has worn multiple bodies, but states that they always revert to his decayed form.
- Inside the Eye of Harmony, the Master was "connected to everything and nothing."
to be added
- Liv previously encountered the Master. (AUDIO: Eyes of the Master, et. al)
- The Master recalls being trapped inside the Eye of Harmony, (TV: Doctor Who) and escaping through the Vortex (AUDIO: The Lifeboat and the Deathboat) to Kolstan before being drawn back inside it, (AUDIO: Day of the Master) although he eventually found another way out. (PROSE: Forgotten)
- The Eleven's past incarnations recall that the Master has enhanced his lifespan and used many methods to extend his regeneration cycle, listing the Traken Source, (TV: The Keeper of Traken) the Cheetah race, (TV: Survival) the Tzun, (PROSE: First Frontier) and a Deathworm Morphant. (TV: Doctor Who, AUDIO: Mastermind)
- Helen hears the sound of a vortex manipulator and thinks River Song has arrived. (AUDIO: The Sonomancer)