Phantasmagoria is the second in the series of Doctor Who CD audio dramas produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Mark Gatiss and directed by Nicholas Briggs. It features the Fifth Doctor and Turlough, with Peter Davison and Mark Strickson reprising their roles from the original television series. Strickson becomes the first of many companion actors to repeat his TV role for Big Finish.
The TARDIS takes the Fifth Doctor and Turlough to the London of 1702 where a mysterious highwayman roams the streets, a local occultist has made contact with the dead and gentlemen of fashion are disappearing, only to find themselves in a chamber whose walls weep blood...
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Turlough - Mark Strickson
- Sir Nikolas Valentine - David Ryall
- Dr. Samuel Holywell - Steven Wickham
- Quincy Flowers / Ned Cotton - David Walliams
- Edmund Carteret - Jonathan Rigby
- Jasper Jeake - Mark Gatiss
- Poltrot / Major Billy Lovemore / Librarian - Jez Fielder
- Hannah Fry - Julia Dalkin
- Henry Gaunt - Nicholas Briggs
- Hannah is given brandy to settle her nerves.
- The Doctor gives Turlough his 1928 edition of Wisden Almanack.
- This story was originally released as a double cassette as well as a double CD. It was one of very few Big Finish audio dramas released on cassette.
- David Walliams (Quincy Flowers / Ned Cotton) would later play Gibbis in DW: The God Complex.
- This audio drama was recorded on 26 and 27 June 1999.
- Turlough enjoyed studying history at Brendon Public School on Earth. (DW: Mawdryn Undead)
- The Doctor finds a cricket ball and a ball of string in his pocket. (DW: Four to Doomsday)
- The Doctor tells Turlough he has seen – and was very impressed by – a Type 70 TARDIS. (BFA: The Sirens of Time)
- Official Phantasmagoria page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Phantasmagoria at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide
- AudioReview of Phantasmagoria at Regent Times