Summary[edit | edit source]
Decky's newly acquired space-bug pets travel in the TARDIS with the side effect of accelerated evolution which causes trouble in Dubai
Plot[edit | edit source]
The Doctor, having taken Decky Flamboon to a pet shop on Kandro Four, now travels with a tank containing a pair of small space bugs in the TARDIS. But the TARDIS experiences some disturbances in the vortex a side effect of which seems to be the accelerated growth of the bugs. When the TARDIS lands in Dubai the bugs escape and having grown even more they cause panic among the locals. Their giant size frames have no problem scaling the walls of the Burj Khalifa — the tallest building on Earth. Returning with Decky to the TARDIS the Doctor manages a tricky manoeuvre flying the TARDIS to the top of the building where eye to eye with the bugs, they find that not only have the bugs grown but they have also evolved. The bugs were time-sensitive and having fed on the Artron energy of the TARDIS in the vortex the new older and wiser beings thank the Doctor and use their new found mental powers to teleport to a world where they appear less frightening. Back in the TARDIS, the Doctor suggests that next time maybe Decky could get a hamster!
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- A scan with the Doctor's sonic screwdriver reveals the space bugs to have absorbed time energy when the TARDIS came through the Vortex.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the second consecutive story to feature the TARDIS travelling upside down.
- The visit to the pet shop on Kandro Four is an unseen adventure.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 305 (4 pages) DON'T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added