Publisher's summary Edit
Incubation - Prodromal - Invasion
The Government scrambles to control the outbreak, but isn't too keen on anyone finding out the dark history of the virus. Captain Jack Harkness has encountered the infection before and knows that something alien is hiding inside it.
With the city sealed off and murderous mobs rampaging through the streets, Torchwood has to save something even more important than the human race.
to be added
- Captain Jack Harkness - John Barrowman
- Ianto Jones - Gareth David-Lloyd
- Gwen Cooper - Eve Myles
- Rhys Williams - Kai Owen
- PC Andy Davidson - Tom Price
- Frances Godalming - Marilyn Le Conte
- Luke Palmer - Simon Ludders
- Norton Folgate - Samuel Barnett
- Dr. Larsen - Melanie Stevens
- Emilia Martin - Sara Lloyd
- Minister - Steffan Rhodri
- Paramedic - Ruth Lloyd
- Doctor - Matthew Gravelle
- Road Block Captain - Rhys Ap Trefor
- Bernie - Keiron Self
- Young Man - Samuel Harris
- Ianto hates sushi.
- The virus is part biological component, part alien nanotech, allowing it to be reprogrammed by computer.
- Good Thinking was a shadow organisation that first engineered the virus back in the 1950s. Jack Harkness and Norton Folgate, both working for Torchwood, thwarted an outbreak at that time, and both made long term plans of their own to prevent another outbreak from occurring.
- Having his consciousness time travelled to 2009 and threatened by Ianto, upon returning to the 1950s, Norton programs the Hub to go into lockdown and the cells to unlock at a certain time out of revenge, in order for an infected Jack to attempt to kill Ianto.
- The Steel Ring is a security measure installed by the government which deploys a steel wall around the whole of Cardiff in under and hour. While it is mostly successful in containing the virus, Rhys manages to smash a hole through one security gate with a lorry.
- Gwen's answerphone message is the same as heard previously. (AUDIO: More Than This)
- Norton is aware of Ianto's impending death. Jack says he will be the death of Ianto. (TV: Children of Earth: Day Four)
- Norton hints that he has met Andy Davidson. (AUDIO: Ghost Mission)
- Ianto learns from Norton that Andy will be promoted to sergeant. (PROSE: Long Time Dead)
- Janet the Weevil is mentioned. (TV: Everything Changes, Combat)
- Jack's blood is remarkable. (TV: The Blood Line)