- You may wish to consult
Orrfor other, similarly-named pages.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Vincent Parry is the most successful property developer in Cardiff. A while ago he made an agreement with the mysterious Ro-Jedda, and it is an arrangement he has come to bitterly regret. Something has to be done – but it's going to cost him everything he loves. With time running out for Cardiff, Torchwood encounter an alien who knows them only too well.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Catrin Parry is awoken in her bed by a loud noise downstairs and wakes her husband, Vincent, who goes downstairs to investigate. He's confronted by Ro-Jedda, who orders him to hurry up with providing housing for the Sorvix who had not yet arrived, giving him forty-eight hours. Before leaving, she tells him to give her love to his wife.
Rhys tries to comfort Ng about Mary's death and is concerned by her acting out of character, which she dismisses by blaming herself for it. They get ready for the funeral and Gwen tries to reach out to Rhys.
Jack arrives at the Hub and is upset when Mr Colchester tells him that Ng is at Mary's funeral. Mr Colchester tells him that Tyler is pacing around Roald Dahl Plass and Jack talks to him, learning about Vincent Parry. The two go to the Parry Estate and meet him, gathering further information on the Sorvix.
At the crematorium, Ng has a minute alone with Mary to give Gwen the chance to say goodbye to her mother.
Jack and Tyler promise to take Vincent and Catrin to the Hub where they would be safe when they are attacked by a Sorvix assassin. Vincent is shot, telling Tyler to "protect Orr" before dying, and Jack chases after the assassin, calling Mr Colchester to follow her on the CCTV. In the city centre, she declares that "God is great" before her control necklace detonates.
Tyler enters Catrin's room after hearing a deep voice in there. She knocks him out and leaves. Jack wakes him up some time later and they go looking for her, guessing from the absence of her passport that she was going to Cardiff Airport. Mr Colchester puts a block on her passport to prevent her from boarding any aeroplanes and Jack and Tyler head there, finding her in a burqa and realising that she was a shapeshifter. She tells them that she is Orr and that her necklace will destroy the whole city.
Ng and Rhys return home from the funeral. Rhys tells her not to go to the Hub and that she should feel free to express her feelings about her mother's death, but she tells him to back off. She agrees not to go to work until the following day.
Mr Colchester welcomes Jack and Tyler back to the Hub and is introduced to Orr, who tells them that they belong to both sexes or neither and that they are a sexual psychomorph, given to Vincent by Ro-Jedda as a reward. They send Jack and Tyler to Hatch for information on defusing the necklace whilst they stay with Mr Colchester, taking his husband's form. By taking Damian's form, they scare Tyler away. Jack lets them stay in the Hub overnight.
The next day, Ng arrives at the Hub and meets Orr. Jack takes Orr to Hatch's shop but he is unable to remove the necklace. They ask Jack to take them somewhere isolated to save the city and they head to the Brecon Beacons, with Jack swearing that he will find Ro-Jedda afterwards. Meanwhile, Ng worries about Orr's ability to get into people's heads and whether or not Jack will be able to survive the explosion.
Jack stays with Orr and they tell him about their former partner. Just before the bomb detonates, it short-circuits, with Orr mentioning that she had swum in it every day and Jack wondering if it was because they were too important to Ro-Jedda. Jack tells Orr that he is going to take them home, to Cardiff.
Tyler goes to Hatch's shop and asks him if he has anything that would be able to keep Orr out of his head.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Captain Jack Harkness - John Barrowman
- Rhys Williams - Kai Owen
- Mr Colchester - Paul Clayton
- Ng - Alexandria Riley
- Tyler Steele - Jonny Green
- Gwen Cooper - Eve Myles
- The Mayor - Stephen Critchlow
- Ro-Jedda - Rachel Atkins
- Vincent Parry - David Sibley
- Catrin Parry - Sam Béart
References[edit | edit source]
- Debs looks after Anwen so that Ng and Rhys can go to the funeral.
- Tyler covered the new city library initiative for The Echo, deflecting coverage of the branch libraries that the Mayor had closed.
- Tyler mentions Innuendo Bingo.
- Mr Colchester reminds Jack that the smart car is not a Lamborghini.
- Jack says that Catrin is more than a trophy wife.
- As Catrin, Orr wears Centaurica.
- Ng and Rhys decide to spend the night with tandoori, potage and Netflix.
- Tyler Steele was once in an open relationship with Damian. Tyler sabotaged this relationship due to his fear of commitment but continued to harbour such strong feelings for Damian that Orr took Damian's form while left alone with Tyler.
- Hatch, the owner of a phone shop on City Road, called Orr a "ladyboy".
- Catrin Parry was the first wife of Vincent Parry.
- Jack Harkness pursues the assassin of Vincent Parry along Gardner Street and then through Adam Street towards the Arena.
- Colin Colchester-Price gave his husband a bow tie as an anniversary gift.
- There are flights from Cardiff Airport to Paris, Malaga and Amsterdam. A KLM flight KL 1060 to Amsterdam Schiphol was soon to depart when Orr tried to flee Cardiff.
- Orr tries to hide their changing appearance under a burqa.
- Gwen purchased a leather jacket for £80 on sale at Henrik's.
- Tyler Steele eats a kebab.
- Danny Dyer is mentioned.
- Tyler has plans to hook up with his personal trainer.
- Ng arrives at the Hub with Cherry Bakewells.
- Having learned about Orr's abilities, Ng mulls over thinking about Idris Elba really hard.
Notes[edit | edit source]
to be added
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Ro-Jedda mentions Osian and Madrigal's wedding. (AUDIO: Aliens & Sex & Chips & Gravy)
- Ng attends Mary Cooper's funeral. (AUDIO: Aliens & Sex & Chips & Gravy)
- Vincent Parry mentions a posh new hotel down the bay. (AUDIO: Superiority Complex)
- Jack can feel when somebody is trying to enter his head. (TV: Greeks Bearing Gifts)
- Before their impending death, Orr offered Jack to be the handsome man he tried to hide from them. (AUDIO: Broken, TV: Children of Earth: Day Four)