One Year On was a special episode of Doctor Who Confidential broadcast three days before the premiere of New Earth as part of BBC Three's Doctor Who Night. Unusually for Doctor Who Confidential, this episode did not feature any specific Doctor Who episode; it was essentially a general preview of Doctor Who Series 2.
New Earth got its own standard Doctor Who Confidential episode, New New Doctor, after its broadcast.
Aspects of production covered[edit | edit source]
- David Tennant's first day on set for The Christmas Invasion, in London for the scene with the Jathaa sunglider laser.
- The tone meeting for The Christmas Invasion.
- The filming in Clearwell Caves for the Sycorax ship.
- The execution of the killer Christmas tree effect.
- Creating UNIT HQ at the Tower of London and Millennium Stadium.
- The final day of shooting on series 2 in the TARDIS in The Satan Pit.
Additional topics covered[edit | edit source]
- Series 2 press launch at the Wales Millennium Centre.
- The success of series 1 and the various aspects that made it so.
- Recapping the character arcs for The Doctor, Rose Tyler, Jackie Tyler and Mickey Smith from series 1.
- What David Tennant brings to the role and the challenges of establishing him as The Doctor.
- Recap of Captain Jack Harkness' journey and a preview of his new spin-off show Torchwood, including how it will be set up in series 2 of Doctor Who.
- The show's success selling abroad, featuring several clips dubbed into foreign languages.
- Showcasing the various locations, monsters, characters and settings that will feature in series 2.
People interviewed[edit | edit source]
- Nicola Methven, TV Editor, Daily Mirror
- Clayton Hickman, Editor, Doctor Who Magazine
- Russell T Davies, Head Writer, Doctor Who
- Phil Collinson, Producer, Doctor Who
- Noel Clarke, Mickey Smith
- Sara Nathan, TV Editor, The Sun
- Jon Peake, Editor-in-Chief, TV Choice
- Lizo Mzimba, Presenter, Newsround
- David Tennant, The Doctor
- James Hawes, Director, The Christmas Invasion
- Will Cohen, Visual Effects Producer
- Dave Houghton, Visual Effects Supervisor
- Edward Thomas, Production Designer
- Neill Gorton, Creature Effects Designer
- Julie Gardner, Executive Producer, Doctor Who
- Neil Chandler, Chief Reporter, Daily Star Sunday
- Ben Lawrence, Deputy Editor, Total TV Guide
- Camille Coduri, Jackie Tyler
Music list[edit | edit source]
- "Somebody Told Me" by The Killers
- "Time" by Easy Star All-Stars
- "Dare" by Gorillaz (also used in DCOM: Here Come the Girls)
- "Lovely 2 C U" by Goldfrapp
- "Don't Cha" by The Pussycat Dolls feat. Busta Rhymes
- "You Do Something To Me" by Paul Weller
- "Smile" by The Supernaturals
- "The Joker" by Steve Miller Band
- "Mickey" by Toni Basil
- "Long Time Coming" by Delays
- "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Camera - Mat Bryant, John Collins, Jenny Budd, Dewi Davies, Stephen Hart, Eric Huyton, Nick Jardine, Aled Jenkins, Chris Pain, John Podpadec, Johnny Rogers, Andy Smith, Mark Thompson
- Sound - Paul Baker, Mark Found, Joe Gaster, Deian Gerallt, Steve Hoy, Richard Maxwell, John McCombie, Kevin Meredith, Keith Rodgerson, Phil Turner, Roger Van K, Ryan Windley
- Runners - Rhian Arwel, Alia Bianco, Lucy Lutman, Hannah Stevens, John Weeks
- Researchers - Catherine Chappell, Alexander Gratton, Kate Monaghan, Steve Thomas, Hannah Williams
- Assistant Producers - Geoff Evans, Zoë Rushton
- Production Team Assistant - Claire Jones
- Production Co-ordinator - Hannah Simpson
- Production Managers - Zoë Scott, Natalie Street
- Editor - Tim Short
- Additional Editing - James Brailsford, Rob Mansell
- Additional Directing - Mark Procter
- Colourist - Chris Packman
- Dubbing - Nigel Powell
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Edit Producer - Mark Allen
- Producer - Adam Page
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
Home video releases[edit | edit source]
As of May 2019[update], no version of the episode is available commercially.