One Mile Down was the second story in The Tenth Doctor Adventures: Volume Three, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Jenny T Colgan and featured David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor and Catherine Tate as Donna Noble.
Publisher's summary Edit
Things have changed since the Doctor last swam through it: Vallarasee is now enclosed inside an airdome. Judoon patrol historic sites, and instead of tourists wearing helmets to breathe, the native Fins are forced to adapt.
But leaks have begun to trickle into the dome, and the Doctor and Donna must convince the Judoon that disaster is imminent. Or else thousands will be trapped, as the waters rise...
to be added
- The Doctor - David Tennant
- Donna Noble - Catherine Tate
- Judoon Captain / Clo - Nicholas Briggs
- Patricia Derbyshire - Eleanor Crooks
- Andrea - Rakie Ayola
- Pickus - Christopher Naylor
- Garth / Thispus - Robert Whitelock
- When the production team consulted Russell T Davies about Donna meeting the Judoon prior to The Stolen Earth, he watched the scene back, and felt there wasn't a reason why she couldn't have met them before. Matt Fitton added that "what's clearly a surprise to her is the Doctor speaking Judoon, so we were very careful not to have him doing that in front of her". (VOR 122) Indeed, through the story the Doctor speaks Judoon, but not in Donna's presence.
- According to Jenny T Colgan, in her writer's notes, the working title of this story is Trickle.
Cover gallery Edit
- Later in her timeline, Donna would encounter the Judoon again whilst investigating missing planets. (TV: The Stolen Earth)
- The Doctor speaks Judoonese. (AUDIO: Judoon in Chains, TV: The Stolen Earth)
- The Doctor shows a dislike for pears. (TV: Twice Upon a Time, PROSE: Human Nature, The Taking of Chelsea 426)
- The Doctor jokingly refers to a "Platoon of Judoon in a lagoon". (TV: Smith and Jones, Fugitive of the Judoon, AUDIO: Judoon in Chains)