One Life was the fourth and final story in the audio anthology The Eighth Doctor: The Time War 1, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by John Dorney and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Rakhee Thakrar as Bliss.
Publisher's summary Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Bliss - Rakhee Thakrar
- Rupa Maguire - Nimmy March
- Quarren Maguire - David Ganly
- Cardinal Ollistra - Jacqueline Pearce
- Aymor/Chancellor - Laurence Kennedy
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- It should not be possible for timelines to be rewritten if something is protected by a time lock.
- The Daleks destroy Tenacity System using a reversal wave, sending the whole solar system back in time like de-evolution. The Doctor describes it as "space itself going into reverse."
- Planets form via an accumulation of dust.
- The Daleks use a quantum causality generator to split a single ship into multiple versions to form a quantum wall. Activating the time engines before deactivating the wall would destroy the ship.
- Quarren had such psychic potential in the Celestial Intervention Agency that he could change reality with a thought.
- While not named explicitly, a Chameleon Arch's biodata module makes an appearance as a pendant.
- Jedris is an uninhabited planet in the fifty-third Segment of Time.
- Ollistra uses a hypercube, a "Time Lord emergency communication device," and a temporal flare.
- The Time Lords accelerate Jedris's system via hyper-evolution.
to be added
- The Doctor recalls that "the renegade" was pursued to the Theseus by the Time Lords, (AUDIO: The Starship of Theseus) and that he was sent to Tenacity System camp when Ollistra captured him. (AUDIO: Echoes of War, The Conscript)
- The Cloister Bell is a portent of a TARDIS's imminent destruction. (TV: Logopolis et al.)
- Ollistra describes the device that Quarren used to turn himself into a human as being something Time Lord spies can use to hide their Time Lord selves within a locket or pendant: a Chameleon Arch. The Tenth Doctor uses one to become John Smith in order to hide from the Family of Blood in 1912. The Master also used a Chameleon Arch to regress himself to a child. (TV: Human Nature / The Family of Blood, Utopia, AUDIO: The Heavenly Paradigm)
- Ollistra uses a hypercube to send her location to Gallifrey. (TV: The War Games, The Doctor's Wife)
- The Doctor previously watched the rise and fall of another civilisation in mere moments, from his perspective, in his first incarnation. In both cases, the Doctor and company seem completely stationary to the locals. (AUDIO: Rise and Fall)
- The Doctor mentions the sound of the planet screaming, noting that it's usually too slow to note the pain of continental shift. (TV: Inferno)