One Born Every Minute was a comedy sketch broadcast on 15 March 2013 during that year's Comic Relief fund-raiser. It was a full-throated comic parody of the Channel 4 documentary series One Born Every Minute and the BBC dramas Call the Midwife and Doctor Who.
Dawn is about to give birth but calling the midwife has strange consequences.
A couple about to give birth in a modern British hospital call for a midwife on the intercom in their hospital room. Several characters from Call the Midwife enter, replete with "reassuring 1950s speak" and post-war advice on how to give birth. Dissatisfied, the expectant parents try their intercom another time, now requesting a Doctor. The TARDIS materialises and out pops the Eleventh Doctor with the dire warning that the couple's twins, Jonathan and Edward, will one day grow up to be the most frightening creature imaginable: Jedward. Horrified, the midwives ask the Doctor to take them back to the 1950s.
- Dawn - Margaret Cabourn-Smith 
- Expectant father - Dan Mersh
- Sister Evangelina - Pam Ferris
- "Chummy" Brown - Miranda Hart
- Jenny Lee - Jessica Raine
- "Trixie" Franklin - Helen George
- Cynthia Miller - Bryony Hannah
- Sister Julienne - Jenny Agutter
- Narrator - Vanessa Redgrave
- Modern nurse - unknown
- Eleventh Doctor - Matt Smith
to be added
- Strictly Come Dancing is also referred to, but described only as "Strictly".
- A joke is made about Bruce Forsyth's longevity on British television.
Story notes Edit
- After its initial broadcast during Comic Relief, Matt Smith appeared on the show itself alongside Claudia Winkleman and Dermot O'Leary, again as a heightened version of the Doctor.
- Smith recorded his portion of the skit on 18th December 2012, whereas the Call the Midwife cast recorded their part at a later date.
- ↑ http://twitter.com/MCabournSmith/status/710141856881975296
- ↑ http://twitter.com/MCabournSmith/status/710214473685078017
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 There was no credit roll, nor were most Call the Midwife characters named in dialogue. Character names here are based upon typical credits from Call the Midwife.