Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
As a young man Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart never wanted to follow in his illustrious family military history, he just wanted to be a maths teacher. But then the Korean War broke out and he was called up for National Service. He soon met Spencer Pemberton – and his life was changed forever!
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Signalman/Lance Corporal Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart
- Dame Anne Bishop
- Brigadier William Bishop
- James 'Jumbo' Chalmers
- Signalman Frank Campbell
- Signalman Stan Hodgson
- Sapper Brian Hooper
- Second Lieutenant/Lieutenant Spencer Pemberton
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to "unforseen circumstances," David A. McIntee and Lynette Nusbacher, the original writers of this novel, were replaced by John Peel.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Brian Hooper first appears in PROSE: Mutually Assured Domination, set in 1969. On His Majesty's National Service shows the circumstances of his meeting with Lethbridge-Stewart.
- Frank Campbell first appears in PROSE: All the King's Men, set in 1969, and is the cousin of Fiona Campbell, Lethbridge-Stewart's future wife. On His Majesty's National Service shows the circumstances of his meeting with Lethbridge-Stewart.
- The events depicted in this book were referenced in PROSE: Night of the Intelligence.
[edit | edit source]
Footnotes[edit | edit source]