- You may be looking for the Cutaway Comics audio story.
It was the first audio story in a rough tetralogy of single-word title stories featuring each Doctor from Big Finish's range; aside from the Eighth Doctor story Zagreus, each features an individual from the TV series. The next story was Davros, followed by Master.
Its motto is, "We don't go into history, we prefer to bring history to you".
When Omega's ship suddenly materialises in front of their shuttle, and one of their employees goes insane and tries to destroy his hands...
...suddenly it's not just a motto any more.
And Omega — and his madness — is closer than they think.
to be added
to be added
to be added
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Omega - Ian Collier
- Sentia - Caroline Munro
- Professor Ertikus / Luvis - Patrick Duggan
- Daland - Hugo Myatt
- Tarpov / Rassilon - Conrad Westmaas
- Zagreus - Jim Sangster
- Maven - Faith Kent
- Glinda - Anita Elias
- MediBot / VidiBot / Scintillans / Mugging Machine - Gary Russell
- The Doctor mentions that he is almost nine hundred years old.
- The Celestial Preservation Agency state that the Doctor is a great hero of their time in Gallifrey's history.
Energy and radiation
- There is a high level of psionic radiation in the Sector of Forgotten Souls. It occasionally drives people mad.
- A member of the Celestial Preservation Agency arrives in what appears to be a Type 103 sentient TARDIS.
- Rassilon was a Prydonian and stole all of Omega's glory for himself.
- Omega ignited the star of Jartus in the Sector of Forgotten Souls where time itself is oldest to get mastery over time.
- Omega's starship is an Omegan sunskipper named the Eurydice.
- This story marks the first appearance of Omega in an audio drama, with Ian Collier reprising his role as the titular character.
- The Doctor is sitting in seat 6E on the tour shuttle. 6E is the production code for Arc of Infinity.
- This audio drama was recorded on 4 and 5 February 2003 at the Moat Studios.
- An illustrated preview for this story featured in DWM 334 with artwork by Martin Geraghty.
- In January 2020, Omega was provided as a free gift to purchasers of DWM 547, along with Davros and Master, as part of the so called Classic Villains Trilogy with a brand new cover.
- This story is set between Arc of Infinity and Snakedance.
- This story was originally released on CD. It is now available as a download, as well as to stream on Spotify.
- Omega last appeared in PROSE: The Infinity Doctors.
- Omega refers to the Sontaran invasion of Gallifrey. (TV: The Invasion of Time)
- While the Doctor is dealing with Omega in the Sector of Forgotten Souls, his companions Nyssa and Tegan Jovanka spend several days on holiday in Amsterdam in January 1983 before the three of them travel to Florana. (AUDIO: The Waters of Amsterdam, The Elite)
- The Doctor would later visit the "elephants' graveyard" of TARDISes in the company of Peri Brown and Erimem. (AUDIO: The Axis of Insanity)
- After Rassilon stole Omega's plans to make time travel possible for Gallifreyans, he used them to create the Eye of Harmony, utilising the limitless power of a collapsing star suspended in time. (TV: The Deadly Assassin, Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS)
- Official Omega page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Omega at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide