- You may wish to consult
Oblivion (disambiguation)for other, similarly-named pages.
Oblivion was the sixth volume of the Panini Publishing series of Doctor Who Magazine comic collections, and the third to feature the Eighth Doctor. It was the series' first collection of colour comic stories.
Not requiring digital restoration due to the fact that it had been digitally produced in the first place, the collection instead featured a newly extended ending for the comic strip Children of the Revolution, previously shortened by the page limit of the original strip. It was the first chance readers had of seeing the original version of the comics since they were initially published in DWM in the late-1990s and early 2000s.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Full-colour comic strips from the pages of Doctor Who Magazine!
The Eighth Doctor clashes with a new host of enemies in this latest collection of classic adventures!
The Doctor and Izzy encounter Destrii, a strange alien girl on the run from a mysterious force. The meeting triggers a devasting series of events which threaten to destroy the duo's friendship — and bring about the release of a cosmic force with the power to crush every star in the universe!
Fey Truscott-Sade returns — with Shayde in tow — as our heroes battle a sentient starship, body stealers, fire-breathing rock monsters, Nazi troopers, living skeletons, a psychotic alien artist... and a very different breed of Daleks!
Plus dazzling selection of extra features:
A newly-extended conclusion to the poll-winning Dalek strip Children of the Revolution!
Plus a fascinating 22-page behind-the-scenes feature in which writer Scott Gray reveals background information on the stories' origins, alongside never-before-seen sketches and character designs from artists Martin Geraghty, Lee Sullivan, John Ross and Adrian Salmon!
An essential collection for fans of Doctor Who and classic British comics!
Comic stories[edit | edit source]
- Beautiful Freak
- The Way of All Flesh
- Children of the Revolution
- Me and My Shadow
- Character Assassin
Additional features[edit | edit source]
- Full page of rough sketches of the eight Doctors by Roger Langridge
- Commentary (by Scott Gray, Adrian Salmon and Alan Barnes)
- About the Authors
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Project Editor: Clayton Hickman
- Consultant: Scott Gray
- Design:Peri Godbold and Clayton Hickman
- Cover artwork: Martin Geraghty
- Colours: James Offredi
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
- Thanks to: Alan Barnes, Martin Geraghty, Roger Langridge, Adrian Salmon, Tom Spilsbury and Lee Sullivan
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the third of four collections featuring the run of Eighth Doctor stories from the pages of Doctor Who Magazine, and contains 226 high quality printed pages and a new cover by Martin Geraghty and priced at £15.99 (UK).