: is this a disambiguation page or an in-universe page?
Nurses were health care professionals. Some were surgical nurses, who actively assisted surgeons during invasive operations. Others focused on patient care in general hospitals or specialised facilities such as mental institutions and research laboratories. Still others worked in emergency settings, which often required a blend of surgical and patient care. Finally, some worked for private institutions, such as schools or companies.
Occasionally, individuals impersonated nurses, usually to enact a criminal plan or alien invasion.
On Earth, some saw a nurse that was not a woman to be an oddity. (TV: Twice Upon a Time) Infact, among the Doctor's friends were male nurses Rory Williams and Strax. (TV: The Eleventh Hour, A Good Man Goes to War)
General hospital nurses
- Nurse (Spearhead from Space), who assisted Dr. Henderson in his care of the post-regenerative Third Doctor. (TV: Spearhead from Space)
- The Sisters of Plenitude — including Matron Casp, Sister Jatt, Novice Hame, and Sister Corvin — a group of Catkind nurses. (TV: New Earth)
- Amy Carysfort, who opined that a heavily-aged Martha Jones would likely die. (TV: Dead Man Walking)
- Rory Williams, Amy Pond's husband, who worked at Royal Leadworth Hospital (TV: The Eleventh Hour) and later at a hospital near the White City tube station. (TV: The Power of Three)
- Nurse (Let's Kill Hitler), who worked under the Sisters of the Infinite Schism. (TV: Let's Kill Hitler)
- Nurse (Project Twilight), who worked somewhere in England. (AUDIO: Project: Twilight)
Angela Wheeler was an emergency room nurse at Walker General Hospital, who assisted in the initial examination of the Seventh Doctor, following gunshot wounds. (TV: Doctor Who, PROSE: The Novel of the Film)
- A senior and A&E nurse in an unnamed Cardiff hospital who attended victims of the Night Travellers. (TV: From Out of the Rain)
Commander Strax was a Sontaran commander demoted to nursing duties for military dishonour, serving in this capacity at the Battle of Zaruthstra. He seemingly died fighting alongside the Eleventh Doctor at the Battle of Demons Run, but was revived soon after. (TV: A Good Man Goes to War, WC: The Battle of Demons Run: Two Days Later)
At research institutions
- Marius' nurse and the reception nurse at the Bi-Al Foundation. (TV: The Invisible Enemy)
- Plummer, a practical assistant to Dr. Aaron Copley (TV: Reset)
- Miss Foster, a neo-natal nurse, posing as the head of a commercial pharmaceutical company. (TV: Partners in Crime)
At mental institutions
A nurse, who worked at Milhampton Hospital, escorted Graham Winslet into the building after he wandered out. However, upon returning, she came face to face with an Auton who proceeded to absorb her into the Nestene Consciousness mind. (HOMEVID: Auton 3: Awakening)
Tending to Archibald Hamish Lethbridge-Stewart, the First Doctor presented the Twelfth Doctor as his nurse while admitting that it was a "little improbable" because he was a man, much to the embarrassment of the latter Doctor. (TV: Twice Upon a Time)