No More Lies was the fifth story in the first series of the Eighth Doctor Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Paul Sutton and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Sheridan Smith as Lucie Miller.
Because Blood of the Daleks was released in two-parts, it was the sixth release of the series. It wasco-produced with BBC 7. This story featured Vortisaurs, a species that had been introduced in the first series of Big Finish's Eighth Doctor audio stories and had last appeared in Minuet in Hell.
Publisher's summary Edit
What links a disintegrating spaceship to a posh garden party, where a wealthy couple are celebrating their love for each other in style? Gatecrashers the Doctor and Lucie think they know the answer. But they're not the only uninvited guests — ferocious alien warriors riding pterodactyl-like Vortisaurs are about to make their entrance!
to be added
- The Doctor – Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller – Sheridan Smith
- The Headhunter – Katarina Olsson
- Nick Zimmerman – Nigel Havers
- Rachel Zimmerman – Julia McKenzie
- Gordon Davidson – Tom Chadbon
- Tar-Modowk Leader – Tim Hudson
Uncredited cast Edit
- One of Gordon's hips was shattered by a bullet.
- Dr Zimmerman has a time whip, the effects of which are only dangerous to time sensitives such as the Time Lords.
- Feeding on time is a process known as chronosynthesis.
- Rachel's native language is Hungarian.
- Soon after the Doctor's TARDIS materialises at the garden party, the Doctor realises that it is trapped in a time loop.
- Rachel is dying of cancer.
- Lucie refers to Gordon as "Flash Gordon."
- This audio drama was recorded on 24 and 29 August 2006 at The Moat Studios.
- The ending of this story leads directly into the audio story Human Resources.
- The Doctor mentions that he once had a pet Vortisaur named Ramsay. (AUDIO: Storm Warning)
- Lucie refers to her aunt Patricia Ryder, whom she recently encountered in Bramlington in 1974. (AUDIO: Horror of Glam Rock)
- The Headhunter kidnaps Lucie and takes her to Hulbert Logistics on Lonsis in 2006. (AUDIO: Human Resources)
- Official No More Lies page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for No More Lies at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide