Nightdreamers was the third Telos Doctor Who novella. It featured the Third Doctor and Jo Grant. This was author Tom Arden's only contribution to Doctor Who. This novella featured an introduction by Katy Manning who had played Jo onscreen.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Perihelion Night on the wooded moon Verd. A time of strange sightings, ghosts, and celebration before the morn, when Lord Esnic marries the beautiful Lady Ria. However, Ria has other ideas, and flees through the gravity wells which dot the moon to meet with her true love, Tonio. When the Doctor and Jo arrive on Verd, drawn down by the fluctuating gravity, they find themselves involved in the unpredictable events of Perihelion.
But what of the mysterious and terrifying Nightdreamers?
And of the Nightdreamer King?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
The Doctor[edit | edit source]
- Memories torn from the Doctor by the Norebo Worm (which Jo recognises) include Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, Mike Yates, Sgt. Benton, the Doctor's first and second incarnations, the Daleks, the Sea Devils and the Ice Warriors.
- Tonio finds the Second Doctor's recorder in the TARDIS.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Includes a foreword by Katy Manning.
- Also released in a limited deluxe edition autographed by Tom Arden, Katy Manning and Martin McKenna.
- Front piece illustration by Martin McKenna.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor and Jo have only recently left Spiridon. (TV: Planet of the Daleks)
- Jo reminisces about her short-lived relationship with Latep. (TV: Planet of the Daleks; PROSE: Catastrophea)
[edit | edit source]