Night Watch was the fourth and final audio story in God Among Us 1.
Publisher's summary Edit
Who are the lost souls, trapped with their demons? Who are the ones fighting even sleep? Who are the broken meeting their dreams?
Orr and God look out over Cardiff. Everybody in the city has fallen asleep whilst the Night Sun has a "cheeky nibble" on their dreams for the night. God tasks Orr with looking over the city as everybody sleeps, keeping them safe, and wishes her luck before leaving.
In Flat 151, Jack and Colin believe that they are dreaming, explaining why they are seeing Mr Colchester. Jack leaves to give Colin the chance to say goodbye to his dead husband. Colin hyperventilates and goes to sleep.
Orr catches up with God, who reaffirms her mission. Tyler is joined on a balcony by Chip, with whom he has been partaking in a drug-fuelled orgy all night. They are the only two still awake and Tyler is in a poor mood, looking out across the city for perspective whilst Chip offers him more sex and drugs.
Jack returns to the Hub and finds Yvonne and Ng awake thanks to Yvonne's caffeine ring, meaning they must maintain contact. Ng begins scanning the Night Sun and Jack faceplants, making her think that the Night Sun is getting stronger. Yvonne tries to wake her up.
Orr is walking through the streets, moving people in danger and stopping car engines.
to be completed
- Captain Jack Harkness - John Barrowman
- Yvonne Hartman - Tracy-Ann Oberman
- Ng - Alexandria Riley
- Mr Colchester - Paul Clayton
- Orr - Sam Béart
- Tyler Steele - Jonny Green
- Sgt Andy Davidson - Tom Price
- Colin Colchester-Price - Ramon Tikaram
- God - Jacqueline King
- Chip - Dominic Thorburn
- Norton Folgate - Samuel Barnett
- God mentions ITV.
- The Night Sun is a sentient star which puts whole planets to sleep.
- Colin hyperventilates.
- God sometimes mixes up minutes and millennia.
- Chip asks Tyler if he wants to f*ck on the balcony.
- Yvonne has a caffeine ring that she usually uses when she needs another espresso.
- Jack says that there has been a wave of narcolepsy.
- God has always loved the word "window".
- Yvonne tries to bring Ianto Jones back with a paradigm projector.
to be added
- It has been a matter of weeks since Mr Colchester's death. (AUDIO: Herald of the Dawn)
- Tyler and the others at the orgy were having sex whilst unable to see and have only recently regained their sight. (AUDIO: See No Evil)
- Tyler mentions a friend who likes to look out across the city when he needs perspective. (TV: Everything Changes, etc.)