Newport was a town in South Wales. (AUDIO: The Feast of Magog) According to Davis Griffiths, it was the nearest major town to Llanfairfach. He and Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart began to drive toward the town to find some cutting equipment, but were able to borrow it from a mechanic they met en route. (TV: The Green Death)
In 2017, Gwen Cooper and Rhys Williams planned a weekend away in Newport, staying in a caravan. On the beach Gwen was reunited with Hollis Jefferson Albert, who had travelled from the Ice Maiden to bring her to Jack. On the boat taking them to the Ice Maiden, Gwen and Hollis came under attack from ninjas on jet-skis. (COMIC: World Without End)
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Newport was used as a filming location for the Doctor Who stories Love & Monsters and Blink.
- Celtic Manor Resort in Newport was used as a filming location in Arachnids in the UK.
- The warehouse Unit Q2 in Newport was also used as a studio space throughout production of series 1 and 2 of Doctor Who from 2004 to 2006. The Tenth Doctor's TARDIS set was originally a standing set located here, but was later moved to Upper Boat Studios in Pontypridd, and then the Doctor Who Experience near Roath Lock in Cardiff.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- New Series Episode 1: Rose. A Brief History of Time (Travel). Retrieved on 8 September 2017.
- New Series Episodes 23 & 24: The Impossible Planet / The Satan Pit. A Brief History of Time (Travel). Retrieved on 8 September 2017.
- New Series Episode 108: The Day Of The Doctor. A Brief History of Time (Travel). Retrieved on 8 September 2017.