New Girl was the first audio story in Before the Fall.
Publisher's summary Edit
It's Rachel Allan's first day at Torchwood. Torchwood only takes the brightest and the best – and Rachel’s wondering if Yvonne Hartman’s made a terrible mistake in picking her.
Plunged into a world of alien invasions and office politics, Rachel's desperate to fit in. For one thing, she really wants this job. And, for another, she knows what happens at Torchwood if you fail.
to be added
- Yvonne Hartman - Tracy-Ann Oberman
- Ianto Jones - Gareth David-Lloyd
- Thomas/Millidar - Timothy Bentinck
- Colin - Simon Hickson
- Pippa/Lift - Lorelei King
- Kieran - Damian Lynch
- Dean - Gerard McCarthy
- Guleraana - Nisha Nayar
- Rachel Allan - Sophie Winkleman
Bad Wolf Edit
- Yvonne wishes that she could say good things about her father.
- Ianto explains that General R. Asquith is currently on the hunt for terrorists following recent events.
- Ianto felt he had to leave Wales due to his father not being able to accept a certain life-choice of his. He felt his mother and sister were more "Welsh".
- Adeola is present at Torchwood's "party".
- Gareth and Raj are mentioned as Torchwood employees.
- Other Torchwood employees include Kenny, Sameer, Colin, Simon, Moira and Patrick.
- Geoff played the piano in Torchwood reception.
- Tommy refers to Rosa Parks.
- Rachel and another employee decide to go shopping at Henrik's after work.
- Ianto is investigating an alien matter transmitter at the Royal Hope Hospital.
- Rachel previously worked at Hadwin and Bennett.
The Doctor Edit
- One of Torchwood's prime objectives is to find the Doctor.
- Rachel mentions that she was late because of a problem on the Jubilee line.
- Rachel's father was a fan of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds.
to be added
- This story takes place "a few months" after TV: Rose. There is a sale on at Henrik's, which has presumably been rebuilt.
- Rachel mentions how Torchwood was founded by Queen Victoria in 1879. (TV: Tooth and Claw)
- On a couple of occasions, Yvonne and the other staff have to correct Rachel when she says "you" instead of "we", when referring to Torchwood. (TV: Day One)
- Ianto visits the Royal Hope Hospital to investigate an alien matter transmitter. (TV: Smith and Jones)
- Ianto has feelings towards Lisa Hallett, however their two dates were failures. (TV: Cyberwoman)
- While testing Rachel, Torchwood security pretend to think that Guleraana Arbid is a Kraal duplicate. (TV: The Android Invasion)
- Torchwood are studying a "big alien sphere". (TV: Army of Ghosts, Doomsday)
- Intending to pay Mr. Jackson a visit, Yvonne asks Ianto to talk to Raj about the time lock. (AUDIO: One Rule)
- Yvonne Hartman proclaims happiness by using her catchphrase "Happy Day", followed by a round of applause. (TV: Army of Ghosts, AUDIO: One Rule)
- Pippa loves Ianto's coffee and claims that it's the best she's had. (TV: Everything Changes et al.)
- Torchwood was infiltrated by a Russian spy from the KVI. (PROSE: Trace Memory et al.)
- Torchwood uses retcon in drinks to make people forget important information. (TV: Everything Changes et al.)
- Inside the Indian restaurant, Rachel is brought an international ale called "Bad Wolf". (TV: The End of the World et al.)
- Everyone at Torchwood is urged to use first names rather than titles and surnames. (TV: Army of Ghosts)