New Girl was the first audio story in Before the Fall.
Publisher's summary Edit
It's Rachel Allan's first day at Torchwood. Torchwood only takes the brightest and the best – and Rachel’s wondering if Yvonne Hartman’s made a terrible mistake in picking her.
Plunged into a world of alien invasions and office politics, Rachel's desperate to fit in. For one thing, she really wants this job. And, for another, she knows what happens at Torchwood if you fail.
to be added
- Yvonne Hartman - Tracy-Ann Oberman
- Ianto Jones - Gareth David-Lloyd
- Dean - Gerard McCarthy
- Rachel Allan - Sophie Winkleman
- Thomas - Tim Bentinck
- Guleraana - Nisha Nayar
- Pippa - Lorelei King
- Kieran Frost - Damian Lynch
Bad Wolf Edit
- Ianto explains that General R. Asquith is currently on the hunt for terrorists following recent events.
- Ianto felt he had to leave Wales due to his father not being able to accept a certain life-choice of his. He felt his mother and sister were more "Welsh".
- Adeola is present at Torchwood's "party".
- Gareth and Raj are mentioned as Torchwood employees.
- Thomas refers to Rosa Parks.
- Rachel and another employee decide to go shopping at Henrik's after work.
- Ianto is investigating an alien matter transmitter at the Royal Hope Hospital.
The Doctor Edit
- One of Torchwood's prime objectives is to find the Doctor.
- A receptionist must be told "Mr Sands" in order for one to gain access to Torchwood Tower.
- The "old Torchwood" used to just shoot aliens dead rather than use them to their own advantage.
- Torchwood was founded by Queen Victoria to defend Great Britain against aliens.
- Yvonne thinks that classical music is the key to keeping her staff calm and happy. There is a pianist playing in the entrance of Canary Wharf.
- Torchwood has a constant problem with tourists wandering into the building, unaware that it is a secret institute.
- Torchwood uses sentient technology in the lifts that recognise you and allow you to select music to play.
- Rachel mentions that she was late because of a problem on the Jubilee line.
- Rachel's father was a fan of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds.
- This story takes place "a few months" after TV: Rose. There is a sale on at Henrik's, which has presumably been rebuilt.
- Rachel mentions how Torchwood was founded by Queen Victoria in 1879. (TV: Tooth and Claw)
- On a couple of occasions, Yvonne and the other staff have to correct Rachel when she says "you" instead of "we", when referring to Torchwood. (TV: Day One)
- Ianto visits the Royal Hope Hospital to investigate an alien matter transmitter. (TV: Smith and Jones)
- Ianto has feelings towards Lisa Hallett, however their two dates were failures. (TV: Cyberwoman)
- While testing Rachel, Torchwood security pretend to think that Guleraana is a Kraal duplicate. (TV: The Android Invasion)
- Torchwood are studying a "big alien sphere". (TV: Army of Ghosts, Doomsday)
- Intending to pay Mr. Jackson a visit, Yvonne asks Ianto to talk to Raj about the time lock. (AUDIO: One Rule)
- Yvonne Hartman proclaims happiness by using her catchphrase "Happy Day", followed by a round of applause. (TV: Army of Ghosts, AUDIO: One Rule)
- Pippa loves Ianto's coffee and claims that it's the best she's had. (TV: Everything Changes et al.)
- Torchwood was infiltrated by a Russian spy from the KVI. (PROSE: Trace Memory et al.)
- Torchwood uses retcon in drinks to make people forget important information. (TV: Everything Changes et al.)
- Inside the Indian restaurant, Rachel is brought an international ale called "Bad Wolf". (TV: The End of the World et al.)
- Everyone at Torchwood is urged to use first names rather than titles and surnames. (TV: Army of Ghosts)