Nekromanteia was the forty-first story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Austen Atkinson and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor, Nicola Bryant as Peri Brown and Caroline Morris as Erimem.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
In the depths of space a little known district harbours a terrible secret. Long known as a place of death, it claims thousands more lives as a great corporate space-fleet goes to war. As the fleet screams out in fear and pain, an irresistible voice calls out to three travellers and a macabre mind sets a deadly trap.
The Doctor, Peri and Erimem face the terrors of Talderun and the wrath of a corporate empire as they struggle to understand the hideous secret of the domain of the dead — a district known in legend as Nekromanteia.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Peri Brown - Nicola Bryant
- Erimem - Caroline Morris
- Jal Dor Kal - Gilly Cohen
- Commander Harlon - Glyn Owen
- Cochrane - Kerry Skinner
- Wendle Marr - Ivor Danvers
- Tallis - Kate Brown
- Yal Rom / Guard - Nigel Fairs
- Salaysia - Andrew Fettes
- Paul Addison / Shara - Simon Williams
- Thesanius - Gary Russell
- Comms Officer - Jack Galagher
- Soldier - John Ainsworth
References[edit | edit source]
The Doctor[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor doesn't have enough Garazone credits to pay for equipment for his TARDIS.
Religion[edit | edit source]
Sport[edit | edit source]
- The 2060 Olympic Games took place in Barcelona. The Doctor persuaded the committee to accept cricket as a sport.
Earth locations[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This audio drama was recorded on 18 and 19 December 2002 at The Moat Studios.
- This story contained the final appearance of Antranak, Erimem's cat.
- Both Glyn Owen and Ivor Danvers had been regulars on business drama Howards' Way.
- This story was originally released on CD. It is now available as a download, as well as to stream on Spotify.
- This story is set between Planet of Fire and The Caves of Androzani.
- This story was not received well by fans due to the disrespectful treatment towards the female companions and the Doctor's head being ripped off by the Witches of Sharda, claiming he was a "False God". These things combined caused Peter Davison asking Big Finish to never to hire Austen Atkinson or Davison would never record another story with Big Finish.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Erimem knows what gunpowder is thanks to her experiences in AUDIO: The Church and the Crown.
- Both the Doctor and Peri mention the alien entity in Antranak's mind. (AUDIO: The Eye of the Scorpion)
- Irving Braxiatel would later employ the services of Thesanius. (AUDIO: The Crystal of Cantus)
[edit | edit source]
- Official Nekromanteia page at bigfinish.com; note that it is out of print and is available as download only.
- DisContinuity for Nekromanteia at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide