My Dinner with Andrew was the third story of the third series of Big Finish Productions' The Diary of River Song. It was written by John Dorney and featured Alex Kingston as River Song and Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor.
Welcome, Mesdames et Messieurs, to The Bumptious Gastropod.
to be added
- River Song - Alex Kingston
- Madame Kovarian - Frances Barber
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Brooke - Joanna Horton
- Maitre D' / Chef / Assassin - Jonathan Coote
- Brooke 2 - Nina Toussaint-White
- Among the dishes served at The Bumptious Gastropod is poached leg of Mire Beast and Rutan Roulade.
- Andrew uses the Doctor's unlimited credit slip from the Galactic Century Bank to buy the Bumptious Gastropod when it was a cafe.
- The title of the story is a reference to the 1981 film My Dinner with Andre.
- Unusually, this story features The Fifth Doctor with no traveling companions. Similar to Fallen Angels and Empire of the Racnoss.
- The function of the restaurant works similarly to Douglas Adams' Millways from The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
- River tells Andrew he looks just like her fifth husband. (TV: The Wedding of River Song, et al.)
- River says she's a professor. (TV: Silence in the Library, et al.)
- River kisses the Doctor and Brooke with her hallucinogenic lipstick to make them forget meeting her. (TV: The Time of Angels, et al.) She also tells the Doctor he'll get used to kissing her. (TV: Day of the Moon, Let's Kill Hitler, The Wedding of River Song, The Name of the Doctor)
- River shoots the Fifth Doctor. She also shot the Eleventh Doctor at earlier points in her timeline. (TV: The Impossible Astronaut)
- River tells Brooke the Doctor was a good boy because he "did as he was told". The Eleventh Doctor previously told River to do as she was told in order to follow his plan on their wedding day. (TV: The Impossible Astronaut, The Wedding of River Song)
- River tells the Maitre D' to tell her past self that things are about to get complicated. Her mother often said the same thing when she ended up meeting versions of herself. (TV: The Big Bang, Space)
- River says the Doctor can't die at The Bumptious Gastropod because his "death" is a fixed point in time at Lake Silencio. (TV: The Impossible Astronaut, The Wedding of River Song)
- River uses her vortex manipulator. (TV: The Pandorica Opens, et al.)
- Madame Kovarian scoffs at the celery on the Doctor's clothes. (TV: Castrovalva, et al.)
- The Doctor will later have dinner in another time-travelling restaurant. (PROSE: The Crystal Bucephalus)