Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
It's the summer of '69. Flower power is at its height, and nuclear power is in its infancy. Journalist Harold Chorley is out of work, and Colonel Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart is out of sorts. Dominex Industries are on the up, promising cheap energy for all. But people have started going missing near their plant on Dartmoor. Coincidence, or are sinister forces at work?
Join Lethbridge-Stewart and uneasy ally Harold Chorley as they delve into the secrets behind Dominex, and uncover a plan that could bring about the end of the world.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Colonel Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart
- Anne Travers
- Harold Chorley
- Lance Corporal William Bishop
- Major General Oliver Hamilton
- Corporal Sally Wright
- Director Vaar
- Navigator Deka
- Probationer Azbo
- Larry Greene
- Mike Thomas
- Emma Hindmarsh
- Robin Day
References[edit | edit source]
- The Dominators have subjugated Bandrils, Monoids, Ogrons and Valethske.
- After Lethbridge-Stewart is knocked unconscious in a cave system in Dartmoor, he awakens, delirious on a field outside the caves, to see a familiar blue box disappearing before his eyes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story is set a week after the events of the prequel short story The Dogs of War.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Lethbridge-Stewart mentions the Yeti attack on the London Underground (TV: The Web of Fear) and its aftermath in Bledoe (PROSE: The Forgotten Son), his time in a parallel world (PROSE: The Schizoid Earth) and Fang Rock. (PROSE: Beast of Fang Rock)
[edit | edit source]