Mr Saldaamir was a Faction Paradox short story by Lance Parkin. It was originally written as an entry for The Book of the War and released by BBV Productions as an ebook on 1 June 2021 and an audio on 11 August of the same year.
The invention of time travel ended the great Golden Age and plunged the elder races into the Time Wars. Mister Saldaamir, last of his kind, rooted himself to the new history and is devoted to protecting the existence of a timeline. He lives in San Francisco and worries about Last Contact.
- Mister Saldaamir
- The explanation of the Time Wars in Mr Saldaamir notably contradicts the account of the time before time and the anchoring of the thread in The Book of the War and elsewhere in the Faction Paradox series. However, it contributes to the relevance of Last Contact to the War in Heaven, which Lance Parkin further developed in his War-adjacent Doctor Who novels The Infinity Doctors, Father Time, and The Gallifrey Chronicles.
- After Lawrence Miles rejected the submission from The Book of the War because "it wasn't very good", Mr Saldaamir was published in the 2003 fanzine Myth Makers 13 before its release by BBV Productions.
- The audio recording of the story by Bill Baggs was released on 11 August 2021. It was listed as part of Audio Adventures in Time & Space on the BBV Productions website, although like The Faction Paradox Protocols, the "Audio Adventures" logo was missing from the cover.
- The Klade were present for Last Contact. (PROSE: Father Time)
- The Eighth Doctor previously used the same method of rooting himself to a new history by marrying a witch. (PROSE: The Adventuress of Henrietta Street)
- San Francisco has multiple temporal anomalies. (PROSE: Unnatural History)
- Saldaamir keeps in touch with a few likeminded individuals. (PROSE: The Gallifrey Chronicles)