Summary[edit | edit source]
The invention of time travel ended the great Golden Age and plunged the elder races into the Time Wars. Mister Saldaamir, last of his kind, rooted himself to the new history and is devoted to protecting the existence of a timeline. He lives in San Francisco and worries about Last Contact.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The explanation of the Time Wars in Mr Saldaamir notably contradicts the account of the pre-universe and the anchoring of the thread in The Book of the War and elsewhere in the Faction Paradox series. However, it contributes to the relevance of Last Contact to the War in Heaven, which Lance Parkin further developed in his War-adjacent Doctor Who novels The Infinity Doctors, Father Time, and The Gallifrey Chronicles.
- After Lawrence Miles rejected the submission from The Book of the War because "it wasn't very good", Mr Saldaamir was published in the 2003 fanzine Myth Makers 13 before its release by BBV Productions.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Klade were present for Last Contact. (PROSE: Father Time)
- The Eighth Doctor previously used the same method of rooting himself to a new history by marrying a witch. (PROSE: The Adventuress of Henrietta Street)
- San Francisco has multiple temporal anomalies. (PROSE: Unnatural History)
- Saldaamir keeps in touch with a few likeminded individuals. (PROSE: The Gallifrey Chronicles)