The Moxx of Balhoon was a guest onboard Platform One.
Biography[edit | edit source]
In the year 5 Billion, the Moxx of Balhoon was invited to watch the destruction of Earth, representing the solicitors Jolco and Jolco. He gave the Ninth Doctor and Rose Tyler the present of bodily saliva, which he then spat at Rose. He was brutally killed in the heat of the sun's expansion when Cassandra lowered the sun filters. (TV: The End of the World)
References[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- According to the non-narrative source, The Ultimate Monster Guide, which this wiki does not consider a valid source, his legs were crippled by a disease, so he travelled on a fast-moving anti-gravity chair. The chair also replaced his body fluids every twenty minutes so he didn't sweat glaxic acid. His favourite song was "Yap Cap Forward Bigga Toom Toom Toom".
- According to Doctor Who: The Encyclopedia, he was portrayed by Jimmy Vee but voiced by Silas Carson.
- Russell T Davies' original concept for the Shadow Proclamation scene in The Stolen Earth included an appearance by a pair of Balhoonians, referring perhaps jokingly to the Moxx of Balhoon and a brother named Jixx, but his plans to feature a "rogues gallery" of alien races in the scene fell through; ultimately the Judoon were the only returning race featured. (REF: The Writer's Tale)
- The Moxx of Balhoon reappeared in the parodical skit The Old Doctor Who Monsters' Home, created as part of The Fan Show, as a resident of the titular retirement home. He, a Weeping Angel and a Sea Devil were the only three attendants at a song recital given by the Face of Boe, and the Moxx dashed off abord his chair upon learning that the first song was to be Miss Zygon.
- He also appeared in Who Ate All The Biscuits?, which is not considered valid on this wiki.