- The Daily News reported on the shuttlecraft launch.
- Published in 1965, this story makes the remarkable prediction that the first manned Moon landing would occur on 22 July 1970, being late by only one year and two days.
- In the comic, 20 July was given as the date of launch according to a newspaper, with the landing happening two days later. In real life, 16 July was the date of the launch, with the landing happening four days later.
- This comic also predicts the first moon landing would be done by two men: Colonel Roberts and Major Simms in the comic, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin in real life.
- The Doctor's first on-screen visit to the Moon was in The Moonbase, two years before NASA did so in real life.
- The 1969 Moon landing by Apollo 11 has also been mentioned in Doctor Who media, notably in the novel Who Killed Kennedy and the television story Day of the Moon.
- This story is given the title of "Moonshot" in the "Comics Checklist" section of DWM 62.
to be added
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.