to be added
to be added
- River Song has files on the Saturnyns in her diary.
- According to River, every planet has its own myths and legends speaking of monsters, demons and creatures of the night, all including vampires.
- Vampires are commonly identified as being undead, blood-sucking creatures that fear sunlight and can only be killed by a stake through the heart or beheading. However, River suggests that several myths have become confused.
- Examples of "vampires" are the Three Who Rule, labeled "State of Decay", the Ogri, labeled "The Stones of Blood", and Florence Finnegan the Plasmavore, labeled "Smith and Jones".
- The outer space "fish people" of Saturnyne were "vampires" who terrorised Venice. Though they were not vampires, they did not mind being mistaken as such by the locals.
- Only one female, Rosanna Calvierri, and her male children survived the journey to Earth, having escaped from their dying planet through a crack in space and time.
- For the Saturnynians to continue to survive, Rosanna needed brides for her sons.
- The Saturnynians hide behind perception filters that made people see them as human.
- While people felt a threat, they struggled to rationalise and fit what they thought their saw into their own experiences and view of the universe, and so saw the sharp teeth of the aliens, a subconscious image relayed to the brain as a warning of danger, hinting at the Saturnynian form.
- Like a traditional vampire, the Saturnynians could not be seen in the mirror, giving no reflection.
- With her eldest son Francesco, Rosanna set up a school for girls, whose blood was drained and replaced with that of the Saturnynians, thus converting the young women into their own species.
- As a result, the girls shunned the sunlight as it began to burn them as they gradually changed into brides for Rosanna's sons.
- The Saturnynians were uncovered by the Eleventh Doctor when he arrived in Venice.
- After cutting off Venice from the rest of the world and converting the inhabitants into their own kind, the Saturnynians intended to turn Venice into an ideal habitat by sinking it beneath the water.
- In "Useful Spoilers", River suggests sunlight as a defense against both the Saturnynians and genuine vampires.
- Noting Guido's example, River notes that the Saturnynians can be simply blown up with explosives.
- If all else fails, River says to make sure the Doctor is there when darkness comes to save us from the monsters.
Story notes Edit
- In addition to new footage of River Song's diary, this Monster File uses archive footage from TV: The Vampires of Venice as well as imagery from TV: State of Decay, The Stones of Blood and Smith and Jones.
- Examples of "vampires" are the Three Who Rule, (TV: State of Decay) the Ogri, (TV: The Stones of Blood) and Florence Finnegan the Plasmavore. (TV: Smith and Jones)
- Despite not being there personally, River shows extensive knowledge of the Eleventh Doctor's confrontation with the Saturnynians in Venice. (TV: The Vampires of Venice)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.