Summary[edit | edit source]
The Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond arrive inside the vaults of a Ratlings bank. They are surrounded by mounds of precious coins like the ten stechma coin minted in 40,412). They are soon captured on suspicion of being bank robbers. The bank manager and the security guard are distracted by gunfire from the main lobby where a raid by the angry Sidewinder Syndicate is taking place.
They are demanding back their stolen money from the Ratlings. From a corner, the Doctor and Amy Pond watch the Syndicate empty the vaults. The Ratlings try to explain that the money wasn't stolen but lost on the stock markets. When the Syndicate realise the coins are faked — the King Cobra's head is facing the wrong way, right not left — the Ratlings try to blame the new arrivals in the vault — the Doctor and Amy.
As the Doctor and Amy are about to be taken away, Amy realises that she knows where the real coins are! Scraping one of the coins, she shows that the coins have been made to look fake — a cunning plan by the Ratlings to con the Sidewinder Syndicate. Leaving the Syndicate and the Ratlings to settle their own accounts, the Doctor and Amy return to the TARDIS and leave.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The DWA comic strip adventures were very much aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 169 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – Fashion Victims!
- No reprints to date.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Tenth Doctor once encountered a peaceful tribe of Ratlings. (COMIC: Waste Not)
- The Doctor previously encountered the Sidewinder Syndicate. (COMIC: Snakes Alive!)