- You may be looking for the weather event.
Mistfall was the one hundred and ninety-fifth story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Andrew Smith and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor, Sarah Sutton as Nyssa, Janet Fielding as Tegan Jovanka and Mark Strickson as Turlough.
Drawn off-course, the TARDIS passes through a CVE into a closed universe – a hugely improbable event with a tragically obvious cause. In order to escape inescapable E-Space, the Doctor, Nyssa, Tegan and Turlough are forced to venture in the wilds of planet Alzarius.
But they're not the only unwanted visitors to this strange world. A Starliner has landed, captained by Decider Merrion – but why would Merrion risk rousing the Planet that Slept, and the monsters in its marshes?
Mistfall is coming. The Marshmen are coming. But while Nyssa and Turlough find themselves caught in the open, in the hands of fanatics who model themselves on the legendary Outlers, the Doctor and Tegan discover that the supposedly secure Starliner affords them no protection from monsters both within and without...
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Tegan - Janet Fielding
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Turlough - Mark Strickson
- Decider Lana Merrion - Jemma Redgrave
- Pik Solus - Nigel Carrington
- Fem/Citizen Arana - Emily Woodward
- Drell/Marshleader - Paul Panting
- Yan Fara - Matthew Carter
- Yan Fara received a planet hopper as a birthday present from his parents.
- This story was recorded on 23-24 June 2014 at The Moat Studios.
- Andrew Smith commented that he ended his novelisation of Full Circle with the Marshmen returning to the swamp, stating that that's where Mistfall picks up from. (VOR 71)
- The cover illustration for this audio story was designed by artist Will Brooks, and also introduced a rebranded logo with a shiny, silver texture.
- This is the first release in the main range since The Game to feature an episode less than 20 minutes in length.
- The Doctor refers to their visit to Valderon in 3556. (AUDIO: Prisoners of Fate)
- The Fourth Doctor, Romana II and K9 previously entered E-Space by mistake through a CVE. (TV: Full Circle) The Doctor eventually returned to N-Space via the Gateway with Adric while Romana and K9 stayed behind to help the Tharils free their people. (TV: Warriors' Gate)
- Nyssa refers to the Logopolitans. (TV: Logopolis)
- Adric programmed his calculations into the TARDIS console before he died. (TV: Earthshock)
- The Doctor refers to the fact that Adric was held prisoner by the Master on Castrovalva. (TV: Castrovalva)
- Nyssa tells Turlough about the Alzarian spiders. (TV: Full Circle)
- It has been 300 years since the Starliner left Alzarius in the 32nd century. (TV: Full Circle)
- The Doctor describes Login as "such a good man". (TV: Full Circle)
- After Pik Solus' planet hopper crashed on Isenfel, he was killed by Balancer Skaarsgard to maintain equilibrium. (AUDIO: Equilibrium)