Missy on Trial was a short story published in Doctor Who The Official Annual 2018. It acted as a prequel to the "execution" bits of the TV story Extremis, showing Missy's trial leading up to her death sentence.
The story showed that the trial in question had involved Missy being indicted for crimes committed by her previous incarnations, including Roger Delgado's incarnation, Anthony Ainley's incarnation and John Simm's incarnation.
- Missy claims that the UNIT personnel files contain records of there being two Osgoods.
- The Master originally came to the planet Riga-Priam to rob of its quartz reserves, before she found that the Monks had taken it over.
- Missy describes President Borusa as the Doctor's "pal".
- Each of the "Cases" corresponds to an event featured or mentioned in a TV story: the "Harold Saxon Incident" (the Master's takeover of Earth and decimation of humanity) was the focus of The Sound of Drums, the 3W Institute Affair was the main plot of Dark Water/Death in Heaven, the case of the Devil's End Daemon was seen in The Dæmons, the affair of the Death Zone refairs to the Master's part in The Five Doctors, and the Bloodline Termination was mentioned by Missy in The Lie of the Land.
- Missy is on trial for her life opposite Rafando. (TV: Extremis) The Master was previously tried for his crimes against the universe, and sentenced to death, but on that occasion had stayed silent as the list of accusations was read. (TV: Doctor Who)
- While in a male body with a greying black beard, the Master impersonated a vicar and released a Daemon. (TV: The Dæmons)
- In a younger, clean-shaven body, he became Prime Minister of the United Kingdom through unlawful means and decimated humanity, (TV: The Sound of Drums) but, as Missy remarks, the Doctor then reversed Time so that none of it had happened as far as the rest of the universe was concerned. (TV: Last of the Time Lords)
- The Master once defeated the Monks' psychic control over a planet they'd taken over by chucking their "lynchpin", a little girl, into a volcano. (TV: The Lie of the Land)
- Missy seemingly killed Petronella Osgood during the "3W Institute Affair" because she was "in the way of her Cyberdears", (TV: Dark Water, Death in Heaven) but it later transpired there were two Osgoods, only one of whom had died. (TV: The Zygon Invasion)